The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Super Mario 64 2 (Cancelled 64DD Game)

Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Custom Title : The Luma
    User Points : 2765

Mario - Super Mario 64 2 (Cancelled 64DD Game) Empty Super Mario 64 2 (Cancelled 64DD Game)

Post by Luma Party Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:37 pm

Other than that it was set to be released in 1999 for the 64DD, we know Miyamoto wanted Luigi to be in it and make it multiplayer.
    I really wish it was one of those planned 64DD games that made it to the regular N64.
    Even if it wasn't multiplayer, it would have been really enjoyable.
    According to Miyamoto, elements from the game were passed on to Super Mario Sunshine, Super Mario 64 DS, Super Mario Galaxy, and Galaxy 2.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Mario - Super Mario 64 2 (Cancelled 64DD Game) Empty Re: Super Mario 64 2 (Cancelled 64DD Game)

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:24 pm

I loved Super Mario 64, it's still my favorite game of all time. If it would've been a good game, I would've loved if they had released it. But I mean, I can see why it was cancelled. They had ideas for GameCube. In the end it's probably better off being cancelled, but it certainly would've been interesting to know more about it at least.

Still, I wish they would make more of a sequel to the original. I haven't fully enjoyed a new 3D Mario since the original Galaxy. I mean, Galaxy 2 and 3D World were good, don't get me wrong, but I haven't gotten the same amount of enjoyment from them that I did the others.

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 11:22 pm