The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Mario Kart 8 DLC pack 2 track predictions

Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Mario Kart 8 DLC pack 2 track predictions  Empty Mario Kart 8 DLC pack 2 track predictions

Post by Gameguy1996 Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:51 pm

With the Mario Kart 8 DLC coming out next I thought we should all make a final prediction on what tracks will make the cut in the final 6 slots.

My thoughts

A Pikmin or Star Fox track: Since Miyamato will likely want one of his games made into a track the team would likely hear his request and get it done. I think a Pikmin track is more likely though since it fits the Mario artstyle more and the Olimar suit might have been a hint.

A Kirby or Metroid track: both of those seem likely since they both had Mii outfit in Pack 2 and Nintendo could use them as a tie into a new game reveal at E3. I will give the edge to a Kirby track though.

Super Bell Hill: since the cat bell is a icon for the other cup it seems very likely that a 3D World track makes it in.

GBA Rainbow Road: I think they run short on time so they had to toss in a 4th Rainbow Road.

3DS Neo Bowser City: I belive Nintendo will listen to most fans and bring the track back.

Some Mario Kart DS track: I belive a DS track will make it in as a tie in for Mario Kart DS coming to Wii U eshop. I'm just not sure what one they would pick at this point.
    TheFrozenFairy
    TheFrozenFairy

Custom Title : Frigid Fairy of the Forest
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 993

Mario Kart 8 DLC pack 2 track predictions  Empty Re: Mario Kart 8 DLC pack 2 track predictions

Post by TheFrozenFairy Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:31 pm

I like those predictions.

Pikmin would fit more with Mario Kart than Star Fox, Formidable Oak from Pikmin 3 could work. Having the Plasm Wraith constantly create hazards and Pikmin getting in the way of the racers. The labyrinth in the whole place would be nice and I believe Pikmin 3 would be the most likely choice for a race course or a mix of all 3.

Instead they might choose Star Fox as it has a game finally coming. Star Fox 64 and Assault have fine choices (Aside from Orbital Gate, I'm unsure how that could work. All Glider course?). Most likely Corneria, being in most Star Fox games possibly even Venom. I think they could end up just doing a new Mario related course like how Ice Ice Outpost turned out.

I'm not much of a Kirby fan and I mostly dislike Metroid, but they have some fine choices as well. Kriby fits Mario more and they could choose Fountain Of Dreams. I think they will do one Nintendo course and the other new ones are Mario related.

Super Bell Hill sounds great. I just adore that music. The course has a lot of potential. I hope they don't do another Rainbow Road because I honestly don't care for most Rainbow Road. I'd prefer the GCN one if they have to but any Rainbow Road sounds likely.

I see them doing either Wario's Shipyard, Neo Bowser City, or Rosalina's Ice World for a Mario Kart 7 course. Maybe GBA Cheese Land or Ribbon Road instead.

I found most DS course not so interesting but Luigi's Mansion, Waluigi's Pinball, and Tick Toc Clock are very sweet. I'm hoping for a Waluigi's Pinball second return, a DS course sounds very likely thanks to it's eshop release.

I actually think that forest course shown at the reveal of the first two packs may be either Forever Forest from Paper Mario, or Fungi Forest from DK 64 also thanks to their eshop releases, extremely unlikely. I think it's more related to Captain Toad because it reminds me of those forest levels or just a normal forest course.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Mario Kart 8 DLC pack 2 track predictions  Empty Re: Mario Kart 8 DLC pack 2 track predictions

Post by Winters Thief Zero Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:10 pm

- Animal Crossing track (Confirmed)
    - Forest themed track (Confirmed)
    - Pikmin track...I think Garden of Hope from Pikmin 3 would be a nice area to go with, and Pikmin would fit right in with Mario Kart 8's artstyle imo
    - Metroid track...this would be hella cool, I'm not sure exactly what area would be best, but a Metroid-related track would be awesome in Mario Kart
    - Super Bell Hill, I'm going with Gameguy on this one, makes a lot of sense based on the cup name
    - GBA Sunset Wilds, there hasn't been a GBA track in the DLC, and there's only like 1 in the actual game
    - 3DS Wario Shipyard, it seems like the kind of track that hasn't been used in MK8 yet, so it would make sense for a 3DS track
    - Wii DK Summit...I just love this track lol
    Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Custom Title : The Luma
    User Points : 2765

Post by Luma Party Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:57 pm

^No one says hella...
    It's sounds stupid, and is...

I really will make no predictions.
    No one can predict what Nintendo will do, I just really hope they avoid more non-Mario tracks and use less retro tracks.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Post by Winters Thief Zero Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:47 pm

^ Luma everybody says hella. It's been a thing for like 20 years and probably way longer. It apparently originated in northern California in the 70's.
    Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Custom Title : The Luma
    User Points : 2765

Post by Luma Party Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:17 pm

Nobody says that.
    Like nobody.
    Maybe you and your weirdo friends trying to be cool do, but not anybody in the real world.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:19 am