The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Frost-Knight
Winters Thief Zero
6 posters

Do you prefer real or text conversations?

Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Do you prefer real or text conversations? Empty Do you prefer real or text conversations?

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:08 am

Do you prefer to directly talk to someone in real life, or talk to them through text (or online, etc.)

This depends for me. I like to talk to people directly, but for example, members on here, it would be a little strange to talk to them outside of text. I'm just used to talking to them online. I also prefer text conversations as it gives me time to think about how I want to respond. So I guess I like a mix of both.

Do you prefer real or text conversations? Empty Re: Do you prefer real or text conversations?

Post by Guest Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:15 am

Well, it really all depends. 

If the option of directly is available I'd prefer that. Otherwise, I'm pretty content with only text. 

After all, you can't be in everybodies presence all the time. Texting is a great way to stay in contact. 

Especially when you have wonderful people across the country from you! ≧∇≦ I'm already planning to visit them where they live. I hope it happens as soon as possible! ^o^
    Frost-Knight
    Frost-Knight
    Pikachu
    Pikachu

User Points : 126

Do you prefer real or text conversations? Empty Re: Do you prefer real or text conversations?

Post by Frost-Knight Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:05 pm

I prefer text only for people I know online, and in person with people I know in real life. I sound completely different in real life than I type when I'm on the internet, so it could be a bit weird for both me and them. Even texting with my family is a bit awkward, because of how often I talk to them in person.
    Not that I have any offline friends, but still.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Post by queenzelda Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:07 pm

I enjoy both. I have talked with online friends via Skype or Steam voice chat & sometimes irl. I have a lot of online friends & I enjoy talking to them when I can via Skype or Steam. I also enjoy text chatting on forums as well. So both ways is fine with me really. :3

Post by Guest Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:12 pm

Meta-Knight wrote:I sound completely different in real life than I type when I'm on the internet, so it could be a bit weird for both me and them.
    We're the same in that regard. I bet most people are because you have an enviornment to also interact with.

I was expecting to be extremely shy when I met my bestie...but I was the total opposite. I felt so comfortable being around them. I think it has to do with how our bond has been over just online and it carried out to real life interactions.
    Marowak
    Marowak
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Custom Title : Mari
    User Points : 2927
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Legend of Metroid Emblem Bros Story X/Y

Post by Marowak Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:18 pm

I talked to someone with skype for the first time after using text only for a couple years, it's definitely easier to say some things by talking, although I definitely start out the conversation much quieter since it was the first time.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:21 pm

Always text unless it's a family member or someone I have know for a while.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:19 pm

TheJumpingJellypopofJoy wrote:
    I was expecting to be extremely shy when I met my bestie...but I was the total opposite. I felt so comfortable being around them. I think it has to do with how our bond has been over just online and it carried out to real life interactions.
    Hm...interesting. You must've just known them for a very long time, so it seemed like you knew them personally the whole time as well. It makes me wonder what it'd be like to meet some of my online friends in real life.

queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Post by queenzelda Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:19 pm

Winters Thief Zero wrote:
    TheJumpingJellypopofJoy wrote:I was expecting to be extremely shy when I met my bestie...but I was the total opposite. I felt so comfortable being around them. I think it has to do with how our bond has been over just online and it carried out to real life interactions.
    Hm...interesting. You must've just known them for a very long time, so it seemed like you knew them personally the whole time as well. It makes me wonder what it'd be like to meet some of my online friends in real life.
    It would be full of rainbows & joy! Lets hug! ^w^

Do you prefer real or text conversations? Pedobear_22

xp
    Kyng
    Kyng
    Ness
    Ness

User Points : 1295

Post by Kyng Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:12 pm

To add to this, even when I have the option to use voice chat, I don't use it very often.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:30 am