The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Gameguy1996
TheFrozenFairy
Winters Thief Zero
7 posters

[RUMOR] Professor Layton Coming to Smash

Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

[RUMOR] Professor Layton Coming to Smash Empty [RUMOR] Professor Layton Coming to Smash

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:20 pm

So someone tweeted Christopher Miller, Professor Layton's voice actor, about an IMDB leak regarding Layton being in Smash. Today he responded basically saying yes, before deleting the tweet almost immediately after and making his twitter account private.

[RUMOR] Professor Layton Coming to Smash BSbrxL2

:O

This seems pretty legitimate, I don't see why this wouldn't be believable to be honest. I'm excited if so! Not one of my most wanted characters, but he's definitely better than some others they could've chosen over him, and he'd be pretty interesting.
    TheFrozenFairy
    TheFrozenFairy

Custom Title : Frigid Fairy of the Forest

User Points : 993

[RUMOR] Professor Layton Coming to Smash Empty Re: [RUMOR] Professor Layton Coming to Smash

Post by TheFrozenFairy Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:36 pm

It looks pretty believable to me. But he could just be teasing about Professor Layton being in Smash when he's not in, I'm not sure which but we'll just have to wait and see if it's true or not. I'd love to see Professor Layton in Smash honestly. If he got in I'd be quite happy.I can see him being a fun fighter, seeing what he can do in the crossover game I played with him in it.

He's the voice for Layton in Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright correct? I liked his voice in that game so it'd be nice to hear it in Smash if Layton got in.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

[RUMOR] Professor Layton Coming to Smash Empty Re: [RUMOR] Professor Layton Coming to Smash

Post by Gameguy1996 Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:47 pm

Anyone can edit IMDB and there's no way the voice actor would leak that Layton is coming to Smash Bros. I guess he could have been the wildcard pick though knowing Sakurai.
    Yoshiman222
    Yoshiman222
    Samus Aran
    Samus Aran

User Points : 307

Post by Yoshiman222 Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:30 am

...no, this doesn't really help in proving anything.

As to why the message was quickly deleted might be just to create such a rumour in the first place mind you. Take with a grain of salt, like most of the Smash leaks have been so far.
    The Shattered Legacy
    The Shattered Legacy
    Samus Aran
    Samus Aran

Custom Title : Keeper of Tasseled Lilies
    User Points : 244

Post by The Shattered Legacy Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:51 am

The Twitter in question is generally private btw

Not really convinced since VOs can get confused by these sorts of things
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:58 am

Reading over it again, I actually think it may just be sarcasm and not him "accidentally" leaking that he's part of the Smash voice cast. It's almost like he's saying 'well if somebody edited my name into the IMDB page, I guess I must be in the game!' So now I'm not really buying the rumor anymore, but we'll see.

@Yoshiman
    I really don't know why the voice actor would want to start a rumor though, that's kind of odd.
    The Shattered Legacy
    The Shattered Legacy
    Samus Aran
    Samus Aran

Custom Title : Keeper of Tasseled Lilies
    User Points : 244

Post by The Shattered Legacy Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:35 am

Winters Thief Zero wrote:@Yoshiman
    I really don't know why the voice actor would want to start a rumor though, that's kind of odd.
    Wouldn't they be under some NDA anyway?
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:37 am

Probably, or at least I'd assume so. If he's not really in the game, maybe not?
    Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Custom Title : The Luma
    User Points : 2765

Post by Luma Party Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:58 am

I really hope not.
    Though, this is a bit more believable.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Post by queenzelda Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:19 pm

I kind of doubt this is real. Besides what kind of moves would Layton have in Smash anyway? "Accuse!" *Where Layton sticks his finger out at his opponent in order to stun them* Or: "Your under arrest!" *Layton quickly dashes over & places some hand cuffs on his opponent.* Seriousry.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:02 pm

^ Are you thinking of Phoenix Wright? XD Although Layton would probably have even less moves considering the kind of game it is...hm...
    TheFrozenFairy
    TheFrozenFairy

Custom Title : Frigid Fairy of the Forest

User Points : 993

Post by TheFrozenFairy Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:46 pm

Oh now that I think about it, he's likely joking about it. Someone edited the page and he jokingly assumes he's providing Layton's voice in Smash now because of the page. That's what I think now. I still think Layton has a chance like a lot of characters but I don't see this proving things anymore. Maybe he's giving a hint but now I doubt it.

Queen Pikachu wrote:I kind of doubt this is real. Besides what kind of moves would Layton have in Smash anyway? "Accuse!" *Where Layton sticks his finger out at his opponent in order to stun them* Or: "Your under arrest!" *Layton quickly dashes over & places some hand cuffs on his opponent.* Seriousry.

Your ideas for his moves are very funny and I like the sound of them. I can actually see Professor Layton doing that now if he got in Smash.

He's done some sword fighting from what I remember so there's some things they could come up with if they ever do include Layton in Smash. I think he would offer something unusual like turning his opponents into a puzzle and solving them.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:30 pm

It's pretty much busted now.

[RUMOR] Professor Layton Coming to Smash CNHq4pXW8AA-Pp9

That pretty much means he won't be in Smash and he was just trolling everyone the whole time.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Post by queenzelda Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:14 am

I figured it was bunk when I read this cause no offense but Layton in Smash just doesn't seem to fit impo. XD
    Winters Thief Zero wrote:^ Are you thinking of Phoenix Wright? XD Although Layton would probably have even less moves considering the kind of game it is...hm...
    No, because Layton does it too:
    [RUMOR] Professor Layton Coming to Smash PL3Intro

SirFrozenFairy wrote:Oh now that I think about it, he's likely joking about it. Someone edited the page and he jokingly assumes he's providing Layton's voice in Smash now because of the page. That's what I think now. I still think Layton has a chance like a lot of characters but I don't see this proving things anymore. Maybe he's giving a hint but now I doubt it.

Queen Pikachu wrote:I kind of doubt this is real. Besides what kind of moves would Layton have in Smash anyway? "Accuse!" *Where Layton sticks his finger out at his opponent in order to stun them* Or: "Your under arrest!" *Layton quickly dashes over & places some hand cuffs on his opponent.* Seriousry.

Your ideas for his moves are very funny and I like the sound of them. I can actually see Professor Layton doing that now if he got in Smash.

He's done some sword fighting from what I remember so there's some things they could come up with if they ever do include Layton in Smash. I think he would offer something unusual like turning his opponents into a puzzle and solving them.
    Idk about his being a sword fighter but another move he could do would be to stun the enemy "Accuse!", & then use his sword to knock them out "Sword of Justice!", and then finish up with his final move; "Your under arrest!" to place them in cuffs for a final move that would explode the opposition out of the arena, or something as equally insane for a final move. XD Maybe another move of his could be; "Your such a puzzle." To where he stylishly avoids the opponent for a time & when the right time hits, he'd accuse them, then strike them & cuff them for the final low out bonanza. Just something to make him either ridiculously hilarious & or maybe even redonkulously broken cause why not. XD

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:10 pm