The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Dissidia Final Fantasy (2015)

The Shattered Legacy
    The Shattered Legacy
    Samus Aran
    Samus Aran

Custom Title : Keeper of Tasseled Lilies
    User Points : 244

Dissidia Final Fantasy (2015) Empty Dissidia Final Fantasy (2015)

Post by The Shattered Legacy Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:55 am

This was first announced in February, but I didn't stumble in this until now. Oops.

A reboot of the series on the PSP, the game has a redesigned 3 v 3 battle system that still uses Brave and HP attacks, EX skills, and Break status. However, it appears that character moves have been reworked.

Will be in arcades first with a PS4 release likely down the line.

At least on first release only 14 heroes of the FF series will be playable (Warrior of Light, Firion, Onion Knight, Cecil, Bartz, Terra, Cloud, Squall, Zidane, Tidus, Shantotto, Vaan, Lightning, Y'shtola) but due to the nature of arcade systems they are planning to expand the roster to at least 50 characters (if not more than that).

Also, because it's geared more towards the action, it loses its story and RPG elements of equipment and levelling up. However the trailer seems to imply that it takes place chronologically after the original Dissidia (13th cycle).
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Dissidia Final Fantasy (2015) Empty Re: Dissidia Final Fantasy (2015)

Post by Winters Thief Zero Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:14 pm

It's a little odd they're continuing it on console, but it certainly makes more sense than releasing it on their dead handheld.

I'd actually not heard about the reboot, but it's pretty cool that it's returning. I'd never played the originals, but honestly, although I don't usually mind it, I'm not a big fan of story-driven games, so it's something I could probably get into a little better than the main Final Fantasy series. (which I've never enjoyed as much as others)

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:01 pm