The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Missingno

Nino
    Nino
    Donkey Kong
    Donkey Kong

Custom Title : Do my best!
    User Points : 1420
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Pokemon Ultra Sun

Missingno Empty Missingno

Post by Nino Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:28 pm

Missingno Missingno
    Missingno is a glitch Pokemon that there is a trick to get. In Pokemon Red and Blue, you'll need to speak to the old man who shows you how to catch a Pokemon, watch the tutorial, fly to Cinnabar Island, and surf along the island's edge. In Pokemon Yellow, you'll need to initiate the Mew trick with certain trainers (or battling a trainer and then defeat a wild Pokemon, or have a wild Ditto copy one of your Pokemon if it has a certain Special stat). This enables item duplication of the sixth item in the bag.

I'll likely be abusing this glitch to duplicate some TMs to teach to multiple Pokemon, as well as Master Balls and Rare Candies.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Missingno Empty Re: Missingno

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:59 pm

Missingno is such a famous glitch, and is a fairly interesting one...although I personally never tried to do anything with it. What exactly can you do with it when you encounter Missingno anyway? I know a few tricks, but other than those few it doesn't seem all that useful. (like what you mentioned in the OP with teaching TMs to certain other Pokemon)
    TheFrozenFairy
    TheFrozenFairy

Custom Title : Frigid Fairy of the Forest
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 993

Post by TheFrozenFairy Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:31 am

This can also be obtained if you use an exploit in Generation II to trade Generation II Pokémon to these games. Only certain Pokémon become Missingno while others become different glitch Pokémon.

Missingno is so well known and so interesting. I never attempted this kind of stuff, I'd rather not mess with glitch Pokémon on my save data.

Zero Revolution wrote:Missingno is such a famous glitch, and is a fairly interesting one...although I personally never tried to do anything with it. What exactly can you do with it when you encounter Missingno anyway? I know a few tricks, but other than those few it doesn't seem all that useful. (like what you mentioned in the OP with teaching TMs to certain other Pokemon)

One of the biggest uses for Missingno is item duplication, with items such as Master Balls and Rare Candies being very desirable to duplicate. You just have to place the item you want to duplicate in the sixth slot of your bag and encounter Missingno. Just about any item can be duplicated, even key items. I don't really see any other uses for it unless you want to experience all the very strange stuff that happens when you catch it and what it's capable of, I still find all that interesting but I'd rather watch glitches that could be harmful to save data. If you dislike the Hall of Fame data I guess you could use Missingno to corrupt it.

There are also theories that suggest the many Missingno represent deleted Pokémon, it sounds pretty nice.
    Yoshiman222
    Yoshiman222
    Samus Aran
    Samus Aran

User Points : 307

Post by Yoshiman222 Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:38 pm

Fought, but never caught. Mostly because I wanted Max Nuggets, Master Balls (for the Lv180 Pokemon), and Rare Candies (never got around to using the Rare Candies though before deleting the file...)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:33 pm