The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Mushroom Kingdom Hearts -in progress

queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Mushroom Kingdom Hearts -in progress Empty Mushroom Kingdom Hearts -in progress

Post by queenzelda Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:50 pm

Since getting RPG Maker 2003 for my PC, I've been thinking about creating my own fan made version of what I think 'Mushroom Kingdom Hearts' would be like by using sprites & backgrounds from different games. I know where to find a bunch of character sprites, but the only problem I have atmo is trying to figure out which 'Nintendo' hud worlds that Sora, Luigi, & Mario would go to. I've also never seen any kind of ships in the Mushroom Kingdom 'world' so I'd have to explain in game that Dr E Gadd is the one who'd come up with the spaceship that they would fly to other worlds on. I'll be the one to create the story, & then design which worlds the characters could go to, along with if I wanted to swap characters out as they tend to in the KH series or not.

It's probably going to take me a year or more to make this game. So first I plan to fetch sprites for this game as well as edit ones for characters I plan to add into the game, along with backgrounds. I also will use this thread to show what all I'm up to, updates & what not. Yes I know this is going to be a HUGE project since I'm the one who's going to be doing the bulk of the game's production. I also may take some breaks from it & thus why it'll probably take a bit longer then some people might like. Thus I can understand how after some time some might get impatient with this whole process.

Any who, first I'm going to start off easy fetching sprites of the main characters:

Sora:

Mario:

Luigi:

Ok, so far I've got Sora, Mario & Luigi. Next I need to find Princess Peach's castle, since usually most Mario & Luigi games start at the castle or show a scene leading the bro's to head off to the castle anyway.

Peach's castle:

So I figure I'll start the game with Mario & Luigi at home:

Mario & Luigi's house:

When -BOOM-  their home shakes! And Toad runs in to all frazzled! "Oh no! We're under attack!" To hide under Luigi's bed.
    Toad:

The player can then play as Mario & Luigi, the player can't leave from the house until they find Toad & get him to come out from hiding under Luigi's bed. (xD)

..Any who before I get too much further into the story; I kind of need to figure out what worlds I want the player to be able to visit during the game. For now I'm going to use the gba worlds as a base for how many worlds could possibly be visited:
    Mushroom Kingdom Hearts -in progress 1167

Hmm... Looks to me like I need a main world as 'home base' something along the lines of Traverse Town, but I'm wanting to change that up for my fan game. It also looks to me like I'm going to need at least 12 worlds from the Nintendo universe as worlds. I would like to have 3 game worlds that aren't related to Nintendo for plot reasons.  

So far I've been thinking along the lines of the following 'worlds': 1) Metroid, 2) Legend of Zelda, 3) Fire Emblem, 4) Paper Mario, 5) Pokemon, 6) Animal Crossing, 7) Smash Bros Coliseum, 8) Nintendo Land [works like the main hud world like Twilight Town does in the KH series I figure -this may change thou.], 9) Golden Sun, [-The rest are worlds I need for plot reasons:] 10) Broken World, 11) Hollow Bastion, & 12) World that Never Could Be.

I'm going to take some time to build the story & what not. But I will post an update as soon as I've gotten the story for the game done. I'll only post graphics I find here, since I want the story to be something that is experienced when playing the game. ^_^
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Mushroom Kingdom Hearts -in progress Empty Re: Mushroom Kingdom Hearts -in progress

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:28 pm

Sounds like you're really planning to put in a lot of effort for this, so I hope it pays off in the end! Your ideas sound pretty cool, you're definitely going to need more sprites than what you have so far though. xD But obviously you know that. I'm really excited to see the end product and I'm cheering you on!
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Mushroom Kingdom Hearts -in progress Empty Re: Mushroom Kingdom Hearts -in progress

Post by queenzelda Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:09 pm

Yea, I know but I don't want to get too ahead of myself by not making the plot first & then I figure after that I can go fetching sprites, & backgrounds. I'm going to be making a few new character sprites for the story, more so since the villain isn't going to be standard Bowser fair as he has been lately in the M&L RPG games.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Post by queenzelda Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:59 am

Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:17 am

So the game will be using things from Superstar Saga and other GBA games? I like the ideas behind the game and I can't wait to see where it goes from here.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Post by queenzelda Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:41 pm

Yea, basically. It's easier for me to add in the sprites from the gba games & Sora looks better as a gba sprite next to the gba versions of Mario & Luigi.

But, any way this is going to be a pretty long process since I have to create the story as well as the flow of the game, some new characters, as well as a some new 'worlds' graphics for the places I have planned for the characters to visit.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Post by Winters Thief Zero Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:11 pm

Is the top spritesheet for Geno actually from a game? Because I definitely don't remember that at all. But it looks oddly really good.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Post by queenzelda Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:00 pm

Zero Revolution wrote:Is the top sprite sheet for Geno actually from a game? Because I definitely don't remember that at all. But it looks oddly really good.
    No, it's a fan made sprite of the character. Still yea, it's one of my favorite sprites that I've found for Geno by far.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:44 am