The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

So Wii U is the first Nintendo console not to have an exclusive Zelda of any kind...

Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

So Wii U is the first Nintendo console not to have an exclusive Zelda of any kind... Empty So Wii U is the first Nintendo console not to have an exclusive Zelda of any kind...

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:29 pm

So, now that it's confirmed Zelda Wii U is also coming to NX, we now know that Wii U has had no exclusive Zelda game released to it. And that's even including spin-offs, where Hyrule Warriors is now also available on 3DS with even more content than the Wii U release. What do you think of that?

I just think it's really strange not to have any exclusive Zelda whatsoever. Every past Nintendo console has had at least one, so the fact that we don't even have an exclusive Zelda spin-off for Wii U is really odd. I'm not complaining too much because getting an NX version is exciting and makes sense, but it just doesn't feel right to me.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

So Wii U is the first Nintendo console not to have an exclusive Zelda of any kind... Empty Re: So Wii U is the first Nintendo console not to have an exclusive Zelda of any kind...

Post by queenzelda Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:20 pm

Well, at least the Wii got Skyward Sword & the Wii tbh also has the better version of Twilight Princess. Yea, I played the Wii U version but I still like the Wii version comparatively. Who knows maybe down the line there will be a Zelda that's just released to the Wii U.. And if you believe that I've got some land in china to sell you. XD
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

So Wii U is the first Nintendo console not to have an exclusive Zelda of any kind... Empty Re: So Wii U is the first Nintendo console not to have an exclusive Zelda of any kind...

Post by Gameguy1996 Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:44 am

The Wii U has been a failure for years and I beat they put quite a bit of money into Zelda Wii U and NX. Sadly it's just the way things go when the the sales don't go as planned in this day and age. Who knows though Zelda Wii U could end up being the better version. Laughing
    TheFrozenFairy
    TheFrozenFairy

Custom Title : Frigid Fairy of the Forest

User Points : 993

Post by TheFrozenFairy Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:18 pm

I know, right? That's honestly surprising. The lack of an exclusive Zelda of any kind. Even Hyrule Warriors was taken. Poor Wii U, I feel sorry for it. I'd rather not have a rushed Zelda though so maybe it's for the best.

You could probably count the NES and N64 out if you count the Collector's Edition ports to the Gamecube and the NES port on the Gameboy Advance. Would those games still be considered exclusive to the original? Skyward Sword would probably be the only exclusive actually because of remakes and ports. Skyward Sword so far, is only on Wii.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Post by Winters Thief Zero Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:25 pm

^ I don't really count them because they were released on later generation consoles. It's different when it's released on another console in the same generation (like what was done with Hyrule Warriors)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:13 am