The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Nintendo Abandons Hyrule Warriors Trademark

Winters Thief Zero
Winters Thief Zero
Admin
Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Nintendo Abandons Hyrule Warriors Trademark Empty Nintendo Abandons Hyrule Warriors Trademark

Post by Winters Thief Zero on Thu May 19, 2016 5:31 pm

So while this really doesn't matter in the longrun for Hyrule Warriors or Legends, Nintendo oddly enough has completely rid themselves of the Hyrule Warriors trademark. There's no explanation for it at all, but they no longer own it which is quite strange.

[16:15:57] PokeZone : Money is worthless to me.

[22:42:49] Luma Party : Night Luma

[22:02:34] SirFrozenFairy : Pillow Grandma turned into Punk Grandma?

[22:03:22] @ Luma Party : Punk Grandpa, her husband

Nintendo Abandons Hyrule Warriors Trademark Latest?cb=20150402015024 Official Inkling Squid

Go check out TNFS Battle Badge in Forum Stuff!
TheFrozenFairy
TheFrozenFairy

Custom Title : Frigid Fairy of the Forest

User Points : 989
Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

Nintendo Abandons Hyrule Warriors Trademark Empty Re: Nintendo Abandons Hyrule Warriors Trademark

Post by TheFrozenFairy on Thu May 19, 2016 11:09 pm

That is strange. Looks like Nintendo is done with it if they abandoned the trademark. That's unfortunate, it may mean we might not see another installment in the future. Is it possible that Koei Tecmo owns the trademark now?

[21:48:28] @ Luma Party : I tried to ban Zero, but it didn't work

"So? A baseball has stitches! Are you saying all baseballs are suspicious because they have stitches!?" - Phoenix Wright
queenzelda
queenzelda
Lady Queen
Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8529
Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Nintendo Abandons Hyrule Warriors Trademark Empty Re: Nintendo Abandons Hyrule Warriors Trademark

Post by queenzelda on Fri May 20, 2016 11:02 am

SirFrozenFairy wrote:Is it possible that Koei Tecmo owns the trademark now?
Could be is my thoughts, since technically it was Koei Tecmo that made the series what it is. Or it could be that Nintendo just isn't interested in making any Hyrule Warrior titles, which is fine by me. I myself wasn't a fan of the enemy AI in game since they all just seemed to stand around waiting to be mowed down (impo). <.<;

Nintendo Abandons Hyrule Warriors Trademark Nl-but10 Nintendo Abandons Hyrule Warriors Trademark 1i05ki  Nintendo Abandons Hyrule Warriors Trademark 9swl7a Nintendo Abandons Hyrule Warriors Trademark 261p943

Extra stuff:

Nintendo Abandons Hyrule Warriors Trademark Luma-p10
One day soon I shall surpass you Luma, I the Queen of Zelda do declare it so!!
Winters Thief Zero
Winters Thief Zero
Admin
Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up

User Points : 2147483647
Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Post by Winters Thief Zero on Fri May 20, 2016 3:16 pm

^ Yeah the games were developed by Koei-Tecmo, so them owning the trademark would make sense, especially considering they own the IP and original characters, soundtracks, etc. In fact although it makes sense that Nintendo owned some stake in it being that it's a Zelda crossover, it's a bit odd that they fully owned Hyrule Warriors.

[16:15:57] PokeZone : Money is worthless to me.

[22:42:49] Luma Party : Night Luma

[22:02:34] SirFrozenFairy : Pillow Grandma turned into Punk Grandma?

[22:03:22] @ Luma Party : Punk Grandpa, her husband

Nintendo Abandons Hyrule Warriors Trademark Latest?cb=20150402015024 Official Inkling Squid

Go check out TNFS Battle Badge in Forum Stuff!
queenzelda
queenzelda
Lady Queen
Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8529
Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Post by queenzelda on Fri May 20, 2016 3:36 pm

Zero Revolution wrote:In fact although it makes sense that Nintendo owned some stake in it being that it's a Zelda crossover, it's a bit odd that they fully owned Hyrule Warriors.
Well after doing some reading via google I found out that Nintendo has filed a trademark for the term Hyrule in Japan, Europe, and the United States. The first thing that comes to mind is that Nintendo is just trying to protect Hyrule Warriors, but the trademark would not actually protect the Japanese version of the game and the trademarks are not currently active, suggesting it could be for future ideas. There appears to be a hiccup with it in the United States, but they are working through it currently. sauce

Nintendo Abandons Hyrule Warriors Trademark Nl-but10 Nintendo Abandons Hyrule Warriors Trademark 1i05ki  Nintendo Abandons Hyrule Warriors Trademark 9swl7a Nintendo Abandons Hyrule Warriors Trademark 261p943

Extra stuff:

Nintendo Abandons Hyrule Warriors Trademark Luma-p10
One day soon I shall surpass you Luma, I the Queen of Zelda do declare it so!!
King Atem
King Atem
Ness
Ness

Custom Title : PlayStation King

User Points : 1568
Favorite Nintendo Game? : Legend of Zelda, Mario 'n Pokemon.

Post by King Atem on Fri May 20, 2016 6:17 pm

^Huh that's interesting. Maybe they just gave up on trying to trademark the whole name: Hyrule Warriors & just decided to try & trademark just the Hyrule part? Still, I'm one to ask who owns what at the end of it all. XD

Nintendo Abandons Hyrule Warriors Trademark Yami_sprite Nintendo Abandons Hyrule Warriors Trademark Orgxiii_roxas_stamp_by_xselfdestructive-d31xvow Nintendo Abandons Hyrule Warriors Trademark 9f6ed7ab86783c057973c1b2caa35f9a-d4927wjNintendo Abandons Hyrule Warriors Trademark Jam_those_tunes_by_northboundfox-d4dz2bk Nintendo Abandons Hyrule Warriors Trademark Look_funny_by_claire_stamps
Gameguy1996
Gameguy1996
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12807

Post by Gameguy1996 on Fri May 20, 2016 9:38 pm

I think they just forget to renew it or they want to move on to different Warriors games. With that said it might make sense since Legends is getting more DLC content while Hyrule Warriors only gets the characters.

Nintendo Abandons Hyrule Warriors Trademark E2cfa20333eac11be12d6346e555946b-d3fkjaa

Nintendo Abandons Hyrule Warriors Trademark In-memoriam

Spoiler:

Nintendo Abandons Hyrule Warriors Trademark 2u886xc

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:39 am