The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Gameguy1996
Winters Thief Zero
6 posters

Ever Oasis

queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Ever Oasis - Page 2 Empty Re: Ever Oasis

Post by queenzelda Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:20 pm

Yea, the demo is very awesome.. Even if it reminds me of a few games I've played before I just don't know which ones. XD

Tomorrow is the day this game drops & I can't wait to pick it up from Gamestop & play. ^^
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Post by Winters Thief Zero Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:15 am

^ Same here, although I'm gonna have to wait a few days. Super excited to play through this one!
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Post by queenzelda Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:53 am

I got my copy & started up a file already. Idk if this is spoiler worthy or not, but in the full version you can choose to play as either a boy seedling or a girl & you can name them too! I choose to be a girl seedling, of course. ^^
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:53 am

^ Nice!

I'm planning to buy a copy sometime this week! I just got back home so hopefully I'll be playing the game soon.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Post by queenzelda Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:25 pm

When you get it, if you've played Twilight Princess a lot of things about Ever Oasis will start to bug you. It won't be until you get to the second 'temple' that it becomes apparent that the temple your exploring & going around in is basically the same as the one from Twilight Princess, just with different wrapping.

I had to come here & say this because it won't leave from my brain. You get different keys from different characters in the game. Same as in Twilight Princess, & you have to rescue them. Same as Twilight Princess. The second temple is so much like the Gerudo's temple that I feel I'm there all over again. @_@"
    TheFrozenFairy
    TheFrozenFairy

Custom Title : Frigid Fairy of the Forest

User Points : 993

Post by TheFrozenFairy Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:06 pm

queenzelda wrote:When you get it, if you've played Twilight Princess a lot of things about Ever Oasis will start to bug you. It won't be until you get to the second 'temple' that it becomes apparent that the temple your exploring & going around in is basically the same as the one from Twilight Princess, just with different wrapping.

I had to come here & say this because it won't leave from my brain. You get different keys from different characters in the game. Same as in Twilight Princess, & you have to rescue them. Same as Twilight Princess. The second temple is so much like the Gerudo's temple that I feel I'm there all over again. @_@"

Interesting. So from the sound of it. Grezzo may have took a lot of inspiration from their work on Twilight Princess HD? They did work on Twilight Princess HD, right? Perhaps if it was Ocarina of Time 3D it would've been too obvious. I can't quite remember the layout of the Twilight Princess temples entirely but I'm sure I'd feel some familiarity if that's true.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Post by queenzelda Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:19 pm

SirFrozenFairy wrote:Interesting. So from the sound of it. Grezzo may have took a lot of inspiration from their work on Twilight Princess HD? They did work on Twilight Princess HD, right? Perhaps if it was Ocarina of Time 3D it would've been too obvious. I can't quite remember the layout of the Twilight Princess temples entirely but I'm sure I'd feel some familiarity if that's true.
    Well the one temple I'm thinking of specifically is the Gerudo one, where you have to get the keys from 3 different Gerudo elders in order to get into the main part of the temple in order to save their Patriarch (leader).

I also know that Grezzo also helps in doing the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon series as well, & it's VERY apparent in their world building. More so when it comes to the Oasis upgrading, impo.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:21 pm

@SirFrozenFairy Grezzo did not develop Twilight Princess HD, they only did the 3DS remakes.

Honestly I wasn't expecting amazingly creative design for the dungeons so I'll be alright if it's similar. I've heard the game continues to get better in all portions and aspects as you continue to play so if that's true it might just be lacking compared to later dungeons.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Post by queenzelda Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:42 am

All I know, is that there are a lot of familiar elements to Ever Oasis thus far.

The Oasis your character lives in reminds me a lot of the community you can build in Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon [3DS], a lot of the 'temples' you explore remind me of temples I've been through in Twilight Princess, while the community hub (where in you grow what ever bloom booths you'd like) reminds me a lot more of Fantasy Life. There's also the fact that the characters you can recruit to your Oasis remind me of something along the lines of Suikoden, where this character wants something another provides or a favor you do for them. Not to mention the fact that most of the characters have certain abilities, such as one character can turn into a pellet & roll through round portion's in certain spots while exploring in temples or caves. While other characters can dig, become paraflowers & sail over area's. There are a lot of different abilities for different characters & it feels like I traded out tools for people, which is kind of weird. XD Still, all in all I really have been enjoying this title as I've been playing through it. Though from what I've been reading via the miiverse drawing community; it makes me wonder if some seedling'sa might ganna die soon.. o.o" Idk as I haven't got that far yet, so I hope it's only speculation at this point. ^^;
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:20 pm

^ I definitely agree with literally everything you said. XD Quite honestly it feels like a big combination of a lot of more niche RPG-like titles in one. But I've been enjoying it a lot, I've honestly had more fun playing this game than I have most games in a pretty long time. I think they've done a really good job with it. One thing that helps is that it keeps adding new elements at a really consistent pace that makes it feel like you keep having new things to do while still not feeling too complex or overwhelming. It's really kind of perfect. It's already one of my favorite games on 3DS.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:36 pm

I say the Garden reminds me of the Flower Town Streetpass game and the dungeons really do take elements from Zelda games. I really have been enjoying this game as while outside of how often you have to switch your team and keeping track of the shops near the end the game is kind of overwhelming.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:56 am

^ Yeah I agree with switching out your team. The aqua gate helps alleviate that but it's still kind of annoying. But it really is probably the only thing so far that I actually completely dislike. This is a really great game.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Post by queenzelda Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:22 pm

What I love is the replay ability aspect. The fact that you can keep going even after beating the game is awesome. More so since you can keep lvling up your Oasis & your characters. :3
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:35 pm

^ Oh that's good to know! I'm only about 11 hours in but I'm really enjoying it so I kind of don't want it to end. XD I'm glad you can continue after finishing the story.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:37 am