The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Pokemon Go Player Robbed Live on Camera

Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Pokemon Go Player Robbed Live on Camera Empty Pokemon Go Player Robbed Live on Camera

Post by Winters Thief Zero Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:42 pm

So I thought this might be a somewhat important story to post, just because it's sort of a warning to be more cautious, but it's also just an interesting story. Basically, a Twitch streamer Rickeybot was robbed and assaulted live on camera while streaming himself playing Pokemon Go. He has since been to the hospital, he had damage to his jaw, and has talked to the police. (although we don't know if the person who robbed him has been found or arrested at this point) What's good is that at one point right after it happens you can actually see the guy's face. If you want to watch, the youtube video is below, it's not that bad from the recorded viewpoint but obviously would be much worse in person. (just saying this if you were to feel uncomfortable watching)

TheFrozenFairy
    TheFrozenFairy

Custom Title : Frigid Fairy of the Forest

User Points : 993

Pokemon Go Player Robbed Live on Camera Empty Re: Pokemon Go Player Robbed Live on Camera

Post by TheFrozenFairy Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:06 pm

That's terrible. I feel really sorry for Rickeybot. The recording itself is disturbing with what is seen. A large portion of the camera getting tossed around and all that. Was he targeted specifically because of Pokémon Go or could it have been a random attack? From what I saw and the chat's reaction, the robber took the phone and shut it down on stream? That's really terrible.

I didn't know people stream Pokémon Go, that's interesting. Though it sounds dangerous as it gives your location away.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Pokemon Go Player Robbed Live on Camera Empty Re: Pokemon Go Player Robbed Live on Camera

Post by Gameguy1996 Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:29 pm

While I do feel bad for the guy he really should have been playing with a group that could have backed him up from the thief. Sadly the thief is long gone and I'm sure sure he will be taking many more phones at some point.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Post by queenzelda Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:25 pm

Um... I hate to be that person on the forum.. But what if the whole robbery was staged? I mean what if he was a struggling youtuber trying to get more views & subscribers? I mean staging a robbery could give him that. Not only that but the more views & hits you get on youtube, the more money you make.

I mean if this was a real robbery I feel sorry for the guy.. But impo, I just personally feel that it was staged just to get this person more views. If I'm wrong for thinking this as a possibility then I'm wrong, but who's to say I'm not right to think the way I am either. I'm just putting that out that there.

Last edited by queenchloe on Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Post by Winters Thief Zero Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:01 pm

^ Well, we know it wasn't staged because the police WERE called and are currently investigating the case.

Also an update on his condition, he wasn't beat up too badly, his jaw is swollen, there's a bump on his head, and a scratch on his elbow, all of which are fairly minor but it's still a terrible thing to happen to anyone.
    Yoshiman222
    Yoshiman222
    Samus Aran
    Samus Aran

User Points : 307

Post by Yoshiman222 Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:21 pm

This is why I never go out to just play this game. It gets really sketchy at these times. At least that guy's face was caught clearly on stream, and was recorded. Hopefully the b*sterd gets caught soon.

...really messed up.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 6:00 pm