The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Will the next main 2D Mario replace the colored Toads?

Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Will the next main 2D Mario replace the colored Toads? Empty Will the next main 2D Mario replace the colored Toads?

Post by Gameguy1996 Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:58 pm

Super Mario Run has 6 playable characters and the game reuses tons of New Super Mario Bros elements. With that said Blue and Yellow Toad did not make the cut in favor of Toad, Toadette, Yoshi and for the first time in a 2D Mario game since, Mario 2 Peach. To be honest I have a hard time believing Nintendo would just take out the Toads if another New Super Mario Bros is made with how lazy they can be with that style. If anything maybe there would be more then 4 characters like Super Mario 3D World and Super Mario Run.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Will the next main 2D Mario replace the colored Toads? Empty Re: Will the next main 2D Mario replace the colored Toads?

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:25 am

I don't think the New Super Mario Bros. team even helped develop Super Mario Run, they've probably been busy working on other console games, so really I don't think it alludes to anything for future 2D Mario games. But really I'm hoping the next one won't be in the same NSMB style they've been using.
    TheFrozenFairy
    TheFrozenFairy

Custom Title : Frigid Fairy of the Forest
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 993

Will the next main 2D Mario replace the colored Toads? Empty Re: Will the next main 2D Mario replace the colored Toads?

Post by TheFrozenFairy Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:20 am

Unfortunately they may just go with that again. I only hope they use Toadette in the main games, she goes great with Toad so they could be the other two players. Oh, and make player one have options for once. They prefer using pallet swapped Toads though they can't color one magenta and add some pigtails and a dress. Peach would also be a great addition like in 3D World but that seemed like a miracle because of the typical Bowser kidnaps Peach plot. It seems like Bowser has a kidnapping obsession because he'll go after someone else if he can't get Princess Peach.

I always hope for Waluigi in a main Mario game but that's just a pipe dream with how much of an aversion they have to most outside of the main series regulars. He's cursed as a Camelot character sadly.

You know, Bowser would be crazy. Kind of thought it was impossible with Mario Party but maybe they'll have him be playable in a main game someday, even if he is deliberately messing with players, like an anti boost mode.

I hope they change things up for the next "New" one because they feel way too similar to each other.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 10:49 pm