The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Gameguy1996
Winters Thief Zero
queenzelda
7 posters

Queen's random blogness: the return 2017

Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Queen's random blogness: the return 2017 - Page 4 Empty Re: Queen's random blogness: the return 2017

Post by Gameguy1996 Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:42 pm

Glad to see you can still get your PS1 to run and those are some really nice custom achievements.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Queen's random blogness: the return 2017 - Page 4 Empty Re: Queen's random blogness: the return 2017

Post by queenzelda Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:55 pm

Well to be fair the PS1 I have has been fixed a lot over the years, still it's worth it in the end seeing as I have a bunch of PS1 games that I'll replay from time to time anyway.

Any who. xp Yesterday I bought myself a window air-conditioning unit for my study since it tends to get frippen hot in there during the summer for $136 bucks. Usually when they go on sale in June its the dead of summer & are sold out way before I can even consider getting one. D: I got mine now at way cheaper then sale price anyway, so I'm happy since I don't plan to roast this year. Hehe.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:17 pm

Nice deal on the window AC unit. I recall having one at myGrandma's old place until she made my Mom return it due to how cheep she was about the power bill back then.
    The Shattered Legacy
    The Shattered Legacy
    Samus Aran
    Samus Aran

Custom Title : Keeper of Tasseled Lilies
    User Points : 244

Post by The Shattered Legacy Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:52 am

The one thing I think when I hear about window/wall AC is I hope they're not poorly mounted otherwise bye bye there goes my cooling system (and possibly an unfortunate passerby if you're up on a multilevel)

$136 is an amazing deal either way though
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Post by queenzelda Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:00 pm

Gameguy1996 wrote:Nice deal on the window AC unit. I recall having one at myGrandma's old place until she made my Mom return it due to how cheep she was about the power bill back then.
    Well the same might happen to me if I'm not careful. XD But I plan to only run the ac when I'm in the room & turn it off when I'm not in the room so it should be alright. I don't spend a lot of time in my study since I tend to roam throughout my house cause I can.

The Shattered Legacy wrote:The one thing I think when I hear about window/wall AC is I hope they're not poorly mounted otherwise bye bye there goes my cooling system (and possibly an unfortunate passerby if you're up on a multilevel.)
    You sound like my husband. XD He was complaining about this person who decided to say on the highest floor of a room in an apartment that this youtube video blogger was staying in & reviewing. He's like, 'the firemen would never be able to get to his room & put out the flames'. LOL

But, I have a 1 story home & the ac unit is going into a small window on the left side of my room, which I call my 'study'. Jing usually installs anything I get & he's done a good job on every instillation so I think it'll be fine. :3

The Shattered Legacy wrote:$136 is an amazing deal either way though.
    Yea, more so since usually when I've seen ac units go on sale I've only seen them go down as cheap a $140 for the upper units that cover more of an area then the cheaper ones would.

[/moving on] I seem to have a cd issue with my study pc as it won't eject. So I decided to look into getting a new one & from what I found I can only get usb ones. Wut? Seriously? I basically said fug it & bought a $20 cd player from a local store & saved $10 by doing that.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:52 pm

Trying to force the USB drives on everyone now. That's a nice deal on the CD player though.
    The Shattered Legacy
    The Shattered Legacy
    Samus Aran
    Samus Aran

Post by The Shattered Legacy Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:03 am

Speaking of CD drives, I haven't had the best of luck with the ones in my last two laptops (the damn things seem to just not work for long. Must be my rough handling). Don't newer laptops do away with CD drives due to portability cost anyway?
    Also I guess the era of CDs as storage devices ended last century >.>

also eep being compared to Jing
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Post by queenzelda Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:31 pm

Gameguy1996 wrote:Trying to force the USB drives on everyone now. That's a nice deal on the CD player though.
    Yea, seems like it. XD

The Shattered Legacy wrote:Speaking of CD drives, I haven't had the best of luck with the ones in my last two laptops (the damn things seem to just not work for long. Must be my rough handling). Don't newer laptops do away with CD drives due to portability cost anyway?
    Also I guess the era of CDs as storage devices ended last century >.>

also eep being compared to Jing
    Well the cd drive I need to replace is inside of a pc. Not a laptop. I bought it last year via ebay for $80 & it worked great for about a year before it failed & stopped working outright. I had a replacement cd player from an older pc, but it won't eject for beans. D: So I figured I'd see if it could be replaced, only to find usb cd drives doing a search on ebay. (No, thanks.) I might be able to find a replacement at a pc store I know of, but for now the cd player I bought will be fine. But yea, everything seems to be going to digital: music, video games, movies, recipes, & even books are all digital now a days. Only thing left to go digital is getting your food digitally. XD Oh wait, I shouldn't say that because it might actually happen. xp I mean look at Star Trek the Next Generation & Futurama since food in both of these series were both made via digital recycling. silent
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:28 pm

Every time at the store they ask me if I want the recipe send to my email or not. Also food kind of is digital now with how you can order it from Amazon.
    The Shattered Legacy
    The Shattered Legacy
    Samus Aran
    Samus Aran

Post by The Shattered Legacy Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:46 am

queenzelda wrote:But yea, everything seems to be going to digital: music, video games, movies, recipes, & even books are all digital now a days. Only thing left to go digital is getting your food digitally. XD Oh wait, I shouldn't say that because it might actually happen. xp I mean look at Star Trek the Next Generation & Futurama since food in both of these series were both made via digital recycling. silent
    I... think I'd prefer food not to be made out of 3d printer materials and artificial flavouring. -shudders-

And of course the probably inevitable situation where our existence/consciousness becomes digitalised (and I guessed immortalised in its own creepy way) pale
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Post by queenzelda Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:39 pm

Gameguy1996 wrote:Every time at the store they ask me if I want the recipe sent to my email or not. Also food kind of is digital now with how you can order it from Amazon.
    I never get asked that since I tend to just google what I want to make. Unless I know it by heart. With your being so young of course you'll be asked if you want the recipe sent to you: duh. xD Also I don't (personally) consider ordering food from Amazon as 'digital'. Digital to me means that what you order as food shows up about 2 minutes on your plate after you've ordered it. Still, I suppose it's all in how you define the concept I suppose.

The Shattered Legacy wrote:I... think I'd prefer food not to be made out of 3d printer materials and artificial flavoring. -shudders-
    Me neither. Bleck.

The Shattered Legacy wrote:And of course the probably inevitable situation where our existence/consciousness becomes digitalised (and I guessed immortalized in its own creepy way) pale
    You mean how that was made possible in the Ghost in the Shell series? It's doubtful since science has yet to nail down just what our 'conciseness' consists of. Yes science maybe able to keep a brain 'alive' for a time but it doesn't mean that the person who was once inside that brain will still be able to function properly inside of an electronic andorid like body. I doubt we'll ever get to that place in our lifetimes & if some one tells you other wise, I suggest doing the research yourself. ;3 A lot of what I've read supports what I've said, but I also suppose it depends on which side of the argument you get on for this as well. Any who, I'm with you on not wanting that kind of future. I do not want to be preserved inside of a robotic body forever. I for one enjoy too many finer things in life, like breathing & being able to eat. Among other things I won't mention here. Razz
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Post by queenzelda Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:44 pm

Pikachu is now selling KFC in China.

When I first saw ^this (linked) story, I laughed my a** off. Though after a while.. I kind of wish it was happening in NA though. :<
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Post by queenzelda Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:01 pm

When Shattered Legacy asked me (in my ask me thread) if I used my 'Queen' handle on other forums, I said 'most' except for one forum I won't mention, because they suck & seem to let one particular member who isn't a mod or admin get away with posting on their forum almost anything they want to that's offensive or even against the rules set by the site that the forum is hosted on. Thus why I haven't gone back to this forum for over two weeks now. I have no plans to go back either, good riddance is what I say.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:25 am

Pikachu should be the next Colonel Sanders. Also the rule breaking seems to happen often when that one member doing so is a buddy of one of the admins.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:05 pm