The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

[RUMOR] Nintendo Developing ‘The Legend of Zelda’ Smartphone Game

Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

[RUMOR] Nintendo Developing  ‘The Legend of Zelda’ Smartphone Game Empty [RUMOR] Nintendo Developing ‘The Legend of Zelda’ Smartphone Game

Post by Gameguy1996 Mon May 15, 2017 12:26 am

According to Takashi Mochizuki of the Wall Street Journal Nintendo's next mobile game will be The Legend of Zelda.

Wall Street Journal wrote:TOKYO— Nintendo Co. NTDOY -0.05% plans to offer its game “The Legend of Zelda” for smartphones, people familiar with the matter said, the latest step by the Kyoto company to expand its mobile-games lineup.

Nintendo has been building its mobile presence over the past year after years of focusing on games for its own hardware. It has already released “Miitomo,” “Fire Emblem Heroes” and “Super Mario Run” for smartphones and has announced plans for a mobile version of “Animal Crossing.”

The people familiar with the matter said the “Animal Crossing” smartphone app is likely to be released in the latter half of 2017, and “The Legend of Zelda” would follow that, although they cautioned that the timing and order of the releases could be changed. Nintendo is developing the games with Tokyo-based DeNA Co.

Source

I was kind of expecting Kirby or Pikmin next. Zelda does make sense though with how popular the series is now and I'm guessing it will be some kind of puzzle game.
    The Shattered Legacy
    The Shattered Legacy
    Samus Aran
    Samus Aran

Custom Title : Keeper of Tasseled Lilies
    User Points : 244

[RUMOR] Nintendo Developing  ‘The Legend of Zelda’ Smartphone Game Empty Re: [RUMOR] Nintendo Developing ‘The Legend of Zelda’ Smartphone Game

Post by The Shattered Legacy Mon May 15, 2017 6:18 am

As long as it doesn't try to force some complex touch control into it it should be okay.
    Good thinking re puzzles - dungeons and items perhaps?
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

[RUMOR] Nintendo Developing  ‘The Legend of Zelda’ Smartphone Game Empty Re: [RUMOR] Nintendo Developing ‘The Legend of Zelda’ Smartphone Game

Post by Winters Thief Zero Mon May 15, 2017 10:04 am

I want to say this would just be a new top down Zelda game with touch controls similar to the DS games, I feel like some of these mobile releases have been staying pretty true to their game series and just making them feel really natural on mobile devices. (although I can't at all see how that's going to be done with Animal Crossing so who knows) I could also see it just being more of a dungeon crawler like @The Shattered Legacy said.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Post by queenzelda Mon May 15, 2017 4:46 pm

Honestly, I'm thinking a Zelda sim world myself. Razz Something different that the fans won't expect. XD

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:43 pm