The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

[RUMOR] Retro Studios Working on Star Fox Racing Game

Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

star - [RUMOR] Retro Studios Working on Star Fox Racing Game Empty [RUMOR] Retro Studios Working on Star Fox Racing Game

Post by Winters Thief Zero Mon May 14, 2018 3:42 pm

We hear rumors about Retro Studios from time to time, mostly due to the fact that they've been working on a new project since early 2014 that we still have heard nothing about. This time we have a rumor that goes into some specifis, stating that Retro Studios is currently working on a racing spin-off game for the Star Fox series called "Star Fox: Grand Prix," mostly inspired by F-Zero.

What Retro Studios is working on is a spinoff based on an existing Nintendo IP that they haven't worked with before.... Star Fox.

It is actually a racing game. Something like Diddy Kong Racing mixed with F-Zero essentially. But more like F-Zero gameplay. It will have a adventure mode of some kind (think Diddy Kong Racing) and there will be some boss fights and a hub world like it too.

It is called Star Fox Grand Prix.

This is interesting. I'll certainly be disappointed if it's true, if only because I feel Retro would be better off working on something bigger and better than a spin-off for a Nintendo series that Nintendo themselves have had no luck with throughout essentially its entire history. But at the same time it is a cool enough idea that I could see it working, with the different types of locales and vehicles you'd probably be using it would definitely be a unique twist on the genre.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

star - [RUMOR] Retro Studios Working on Star Fox Racing Game Empty Re: [RUMOR] Retro Studios Working on Star Fox Racing Game

Post by Gameguy1996 Mon May 14, 2018 10:43 pm

Lots of leakers have been saying Retro is woking on something Star Fox. So I believe this leak is true due to it being an out there idea and it would make other game to help sell Nintendo Switch online. I'm just excited for another kart racer with a story mode like Diddy Kong Racing had and for the ability to play as the non main Star Fox character like James McCloud, General Scales and General Pepper.

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 6:48 pm