The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Little Dragon's Cafe [PS4 vers] review

queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

review - Little Dragon's Cafe [PS4 vers] review Empty Little Dragon's Cafe [PS4 vers] review

Post by queenzelda Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:18 pm

review - Little Dragon's Cafe [PS4 vers] review Little-dragons-cafe-review-switch-1-768x432
    Oh boy, this game. =_=" If I never play it again, it'll be too soon & that's saying something. First of all let's talk about what's good about it & then we'll get to the reason why at the end of my playing this seemingly cute game, I ended up being sick of it. 

First of all the good

The graphics;
    review - Little Dragon's Cafe [PS4 vers] review DsaopCuWsAA20MG
    In this game are fantastic, it's like playing a living coloring book.

The story;
    review - Little Dragon's Cafe [PS4 vers] review DsaySV8WkAAIKtm
    Revolves around the two twins who's mother who's half dragon, gets ill & the old man (on the left) shows up & advises the twins on what they need to do in order to make their mother better. Over the course of the game, your Cafe evolves into a Cafe Inn & people show up who you help to resolve their issue in under a short amount of chapters & you fix them their set meal to fix them & make them better. You get one guest per chapter, though in game it looks like you could have more then one guest should some one had wanted to stay, but of course only one guest stays.

Some NPC's;
    review - Little Dragon's Cafe [PS4 vers] review Dsfx1NkXcAAzH8a
    The kid shown on the left is a 'cry baby warrior' & he's really adorable. His story is great, as are most of the NPC guests who show up to your Cafe Inn who end up staying & sorting out the issues they have.

But now.. It's time for the bad.

The LDC Staff
    review - Little Dragon's Cafe [PS4 vers] review Dsk1IsjWwAAfzVe
    From left to right, the dragon your raising Draco (you can name him what ever), Billy, Ipanema, Luccola, in front of Luccola: the main characters are twins Ren & Rin (you can also rename them). I named the sister character & the brother, you can also control either the boy or girl in game. I choose to play as the girl.

Meet the staff in game who will constantly 'slack' without your presence in the cafe; Billy, Ipanema, & even your own sibling Rin/Ren (depending on which one you decided to play as). You can barely go outside & collect recipe items or ingredients without these guys slacking off in the cafe. There have been times where I've just outright ignored them slacking because I needed to find the rest of a recipe for a story so I could finish it out & go on to the next story.

The World:
    review - Little Dragon's Cafe [PS4 vers] review Little-dragons-cafe-3105-23
    Ho boy.. The world is empty outside of monsters that you can hunt, kill, or catch (such as fish & egg birds) in order to get food for your cafe. Not including bushes, rocks & trees where you can also gather ingredients for your cafe. The monsters are also all re-skinned with different colors, nothing new. There's only the Cafe. Characters that came to your Cafe, come from across a bridge that even AFTER the game has ended: you can never cross. It's walled off forever. So you may get past that first bridge, but your never getting across the longer one leading into what I assume is the other towns where the other characters come to your cafe from.

The Cafe itself & how it's run:
    review - Little Dragon's Cafe [PS4 vers] review Little-Dragons-Cafe_11
    =_=" Yea, this is the WORST thing about the game is having to deal with the cafe, every single day. No days off, no way to make the cafe better.. Ugh.. You see, you can only do one thing at a time in the cafe. You can only take either someone's order, 1 plate to be washed, or 1 plate of food to a customer. You can't take more then one, nor can you do more things then the one thing you're doing. If one of the characters decides to slack off while your taking a dish over to be washed, you can't correct them. You have to do it AFTERWARDS. (Ugh.) You can't set certain characters to do certain things, like take orders, take out orders, or even improve your staff so they won't slack, or even hire on more staff to help out the Cafe as it rises in popularity you get more people to show up to eat there. It's very frustrating that you have no control at all over what goes on in the cafe your made to take over in game.

In conclusion: As the cafe's reputation increases the more people shows up to your cafe, yet your staff never increases. The chef does't stop cooking to help when the Cafe gets slammed, & it's usually always up to the rest of the characters to take care of the customers as they show up. Over time, it got to the point where barely 2 hours of gathering ingredients, the staff would start slacking without my character being there to correct their actions. I mean, eventually your able to fly around on a dragon which is awesome.. But the reward isn't really worth it, more so when the final NPC character Dr. Zeff wasn't very enjoyable for me, as he basically reminded me that doing the whole 'robots are superior to humans, but no wait humans are better' story; was better done via Star Trek TNG. =_=" When I first played this title, I was set on giving it a higher number then I ended up at in the end. I blame that entirely on the final NPC character & the fact that the staff started slacking earlier & earlier as the cafe's reputation increased. By the time it was close to the end of the game, it just DRAGGED from one day to the next & I was just ignoring the cafe & going to bed; forget it I'm done! And I am, I'm done with this game. I could get platinum for it, but I don't ever want to look at it ever again, if I do play it again it's only to ride on the dragon. Otherwise, I'm not ever going to play it again.

In the end, I'd say if you want to play this game: get it USED or on SALE. The Switch version also has some very serious performance issues playing it with the Switch in handheld mode. Though one reviewer I watched said to get the PS4 version due to the Switch version being buggy... The PS4 version is probably just as buggy;

--Final verdict-- 5/10.

Yes, it's cute, yes the dragon flying mechanic is great & the story/graphics are great; but in the end the gameplay mechanics is what got this game such a low score from me. I'd say if you want to play a good Cafe game to look into Disney's Magical World series for the 3DS, cause the way those titles play is WAY better comparatively impo. ~queenzelda
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

review - Little Dragon's Cafe [PS4 vers] review Empty Re: Little Dragon's Cafe [PS4 vers] review

Post by Gameguy1996 Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:36 pm

So the game is pretty much an idea that looked good on paper that did not translate while into a game? I feel like the game would be more enjoyable if you could travel into town to buy the things you need and a rival cafe your competing with might have cased the other workers to step up there game.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

review - Little Dragon's Cafe [PS4 vers] review Empty Re: Little Dragon's Cafe [PS4 vers] review

Post by queenzelda Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:02 am

I kind of doubt a rival cafe would have improved the staff; I'd say maybe anything short of a whip would have done a better job correcting them tbh. xp At first the game is charming & running the cafe is pretty baseline easy. But over time it becomes more of a chore to run then something to enjoy. =_=

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 6:17 pm