The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Nintendo Attempts to block video game pirating

Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Nintendo Attempts to block video game pirating Empty Nintendo Attempts to block video game pirating

Post by Winters Thief Zero Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:51 pm

My Nintendo News wrote:Nintendo has urged the U.S. Trade Representative to put pressure on countries where pirating of its video games are rife. Nintendo says that its suffering huge losses due to the increasing amount of online piracy. The company also says that it wants certain file sharing websites to be blocked so that consumers can’t get hold of the downloadable games so easily. Nintendo will also pursue criminal prosecution against those who pirate games or facilitate copyright infringement.

I honestly never thought they would do something like that...you should probably stop emulating Nintendo games if you have already...
    Gengar
    Gengar
    Ness
    Ness

Custom Title : No.
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 1444
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Halo :D

Nintendo Attempts to block video game pirating Empty Re: Nintendo Attempts to block video game pirating

Post by Gengar Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:06 am

Oh emm gee i have to stpo emulating nintando games.

About time they did this...
    Dark Jester
    Dark Jester
    Ness
    Ness

Custom Title : Always a way!

User Points : 1604
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Pokemon: Black and White

Nintendo Attempts to block video game pirating Empty Re: Nintendo Attempts to block video game pirating

Post by Dark Jester Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:47 pm

The day the UK get's a legit copy of Earthbound is the day I stop emulating games.

I love Nintenda' and I wouldn't want to harm them, I've put so much money into 'em since I was practically born that It just makes up for it a little bit if I want to play some on Emulator before I buy them, or games I'd never be able to buy or play...

I was actually going to make a thread about Piracy in the discussion board... but here will do, as my opinion on piracy is as follows:

I really wanted to play a SNES game that will never be on VC, or still isn't, so my only choice is to purchase a SNES and a copy of the cart, as Nintendo are not producing these anymore, there's no way any of the money I put into would ever get to them.

Same thing as DS games now, I'd only ever really find some of the titles I want to play from preowned stores and online services, so they still never get the money. So does it really harm Nintendo for me to be downloading these games?

It should also be noted that 2 of my favourite games for each system mentioned (Monster Racer and Earthbound) never came out in the UK, never giving me a chance to play such great games, let alone pay for them.

Sure, I wont lie, I have gone over the top with this, (even recently deciding to download SM:RPG rather than buy from the VC) but... if there was no way to pirate this games, it's not like I'd say "Oh well, got to buy it instead" it'd simply be a case of me... just not playing it.

That's how they'd lose money, as if I like Super Mario RPG (that I played for free) and then they came out with "Super Mario RPG 2 3D: Legend of the friend chicken" then I would rush out to buy it.

Piracy hurts if people download from their current market, which means they need to keep updating their systems firmware and anti-piracy systems on the games, not put a lock on emulating all together.
    Gengar
    Gengar
    Ness
    Ness

Post by Gengar Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:51 pm

I agree with you on pretty much every point.

If it's an old game that's discontinued then why pay money for it. Buying that discontinued game wouldn't get Nantando any money, just the person selling it. So why make a fuss about that?

But yes, pirating fairly newer games is lazy and wrong.
    Dark Jester
    Dark Jester
    Ness
    Ness

Post by Dark Jester Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:58 pm

I've yet to pirate anything on modern home consoles, other than some of the Wii-Ware stuff... but if I'm honest, not a lot of Wii-Ware stuff is worth the money they ask for it...

But around the DS era I got pretty bad, some kind of new DS game would come out I'd always download it before saying "this is worth my money" but the only thing that was really worth buying at that point was Pokemon, since I got my R4 pretty late in the game.
    Gengar
    Gengar
    Ness
    Ness

Post by Gengar Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:00 pm

I used to have an R4, I got it on holiday to Hawaii.

It contained Pokemon D, P, and Pt. Those were the games I played the most on there.
    Dark Jester
    Dark Jester
    Ness
    Ness

Post by Dark Jester Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:08 pm

But did you ever get around you actually buying them?

Be honest and don't stress if you didn't, like I said above, the only reason I brought them was as a collector.
    Gengar
    Gengar
    Ness
    Ness

Post by Gengar Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:14 pm

No, I never bought D and P, but I did buy Pt.
    Dark Jester
    Dark Jester
    Ness
    Ness

Post by Dark Jester Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:23 pm

I wasn't planning to make much of a point with that information, I was just curious.

I couldn't judge you ether way really, as I've personally never been on a straight path with it.

Was it preowned when you got Pt?
    Gengar
    Gengar
    Ness
    Ness

Post by Gengar Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:37 pm

Yes, I didn't have the money to buy it first-hand.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Post by Winters Thief Zero Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:13 pm

Well if it's on VC, they can still get money from the purchase of it. I still mostly agree with your first post, Jester.
    Gengar
    Gengar
    Ness
    Ness

Post by Gengar Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:40 pm

I agree, most WiiWare games are pretty bad.
    Dark Jester
    Dark Jester
    Ness
    Ness

Post by Dark Jester Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:22 pm

Yeah I know... I wont lie and say I'm totally straight and clean with pirating, but it was that or not play at all! I wouldn't save the money for something like Super Mario RPG...
    Gengar
    Gengar
    Ness
    Ness

Post by Gengar Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:38 pm

I did buy it on VC, though. And it was worth it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 7:19 am