The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Top 5 Wii Games

Dark Jester
    Dark Jester
    Ness
    Ness

Custom Title : Always a way!
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 1604
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Pokemon: Black and White

Top 5 Wii Games Empty Top 5 Wii Games

Post by Dark Jester Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:03 am

Top 5 Wii Games Yuki_wiimote

The Wii is clearly one is the most revolutionary consoles of all time, it stood out, it was different... and every damn person in the universe had one. Sure, this bad boy has some duds in his software arsenal, but let's talk about the games we LOVE on the Wii... (and I'm talking out of the 17 I own...)

#5: Pokemon Battle Revolution: The beloved Pokemon Stadium game of Generation 4, and would end up to be the only one for the wii for that matter (R.I.P. dreams of Gen 5 Stadium game). This game was just like it's stadium brothers when it came to what it had to offer, great graphics, funky music, but most of all... 3D pokemon battling.

#4: Code Lyoko - Quest for Infinity: It was this or NSMBWii... but since that is on a DS list somewhere, I went with this. This was a great 3D adventure game that just took simple platforming and combat and put it on the wii... slap some quirky characters on there and bam... you got this game... does it sound good? It don't? Well screw you it's my #4.

#3: Animal Crossing: Let's go to the City: So cute, So Addictive, So... perfect! Before New Leaf showed it's face I didn't think that this series could get better than the upgrades they gave in this game. You just life a calm little life with adorable animals, no rush, no challenge, just peace.

#2: Mario Kart Wii: This game is a Wii essential, you may look like a nutter when you're using the Wii Wheel, but you know that's what makes it all the more fun! With loads of created race tracks and quirky characters to chose from, this MK could possibly be my best of all time. (not to mention it has the best online of the bunch)

#1 Super Smash Brothers Brawl: Are you kidding me? This bad boy should top everyone's lists. Heck, this should be on the list of top games of all time standard. A game that takes freshness and nostalgia and put's them in a blender with a perfectly made fighter... it's just out standing. It's lasted all these years and I still play it to this very day. That's saying something. The ultimate party game is here people, Hardcores, Casuals, you name it, they can play SSBB and get the exact feel that this game tries to give.

Top 5 Wii Games Rozen.Maiden.full.21815

That's it for my list, but here's some games that didn't make the cut, but was real close:

NSMBWii; Like I said, good platformer, but I'd rather take something new and fresh for a change.

Billy and Mandy: An interesting Smash Clone with a new 3D concept and great characters.

So, how about your top 5 then?
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Top 5 Wii Games Empty Re: Top 5 Wii Games

Post by Gameguy1996 Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:50 am

5.Donkey Kong Country Returns: After not having a big game since the N64, Donkey Kong make a big return on the Wii in a 2.5 D game. The 3D background was what made this game so great.

4.Kirby's Return to Dream Land: Team up with three other players for a nice return to Dream Land. This game was better then New Super Mario Bros Will with the multiplayer.

3.Mario Kart Wii: Mario Kart always shows up on a system, but this time you can use the Wii Wheel or use the CC or GC controllers like I did. The game also had great online and over 20 characters.

2.Super Mario Galaxy: After not having an adventure game in years Mario is back in a game that showed off the Wii's graphics and art style. The gameplay was good with the Wii remote and nunchuck and the story was good and sad. I know Galaxy 2 might be better but it never topped the original for me.

1.Super Smash Brothers Brawl:: No game on the Wii could beat this. The online was not the best, but the modes in the game made up for that. You could play as the best Nintendo all stars around such as Mario, Link, Kirby and many others. Fighting with a few other people is were this game is the most fun, However if you don't have anyone to play with try the story mode.
    Kinopio
    Kinopio
    Fox McCloud
    Fox McCloud

Custom Title : "Time for adventure!~"

User Points : 680
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Super Mario Bros. 2 (USA)

Post by Kinopio Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:15 pm

Here's my top five:

5. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
    - This was quite an interesting title. After playing WindWaker, TP definitely provided a considerably darker atmosphere while playing. It had a pretty neat plot as well and the transformation sequences to a wolf was very interesting. Pretty nice areas in the game as well.

4. New Super Mario Bros. Wii
    - I actually enjoyed NSMB Wii quite a bit when I first got it, and still enjoy it to this day. Unlike NSMB DS, I actually really liked the level designs and it reminded me of the classic Mario games than any other Mario game so far. Also having Toad as a playable character...that really sold me to this game (felt just like SMB2 again :'D).

3. Mario Sports Mix
    - I'm probably going to be the odd man out here; however, I must say that I thoroughly enjoyed this game. Sure, perhaps it could have used more content; that notwithstanding; it looked beautiful and the characters were all made very well with their own special gimmicks and abilities. Very enjoyable with friends and it deserves a better rep that what it usually gets. xD

2. Super Smash Bros. Brawl
    - The SSB series is definitely one of the more promising Nintendo franchises and Brawl really delivered well. Tons of game modes, excellent multiplayer capabilities, and even decent online options - Brawl had it all. It had a decent character roster (though I wasn't pleased that my favourite characters from Melee - Pichu, Mewtwo, and Roy - were removed in Brawl). I'm really interested in the upcoming Wii U version though.

1. Mario Kart Wii
    - Probably one of the more overrated Wii games, but hey, I still enjoyed it best out of the Wii games. XD Very fun and with friends, this game was just excellent. It had a very good online system for a Wii game, and with the variety of new and retro tracks/courses, this game became a favourite quick. I loved the character roster as well (so diverse). XD
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Post by Winters Thief Zero Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:30 pm

I own 24 Wii games Dark Jester, however I own none of the games you have in your top 5...

My top 5 is probably...

5. New Super Mario Bros. Wii
    This was a cool 2D Mario game, and although it was kinda unoriginal, I still found it pretty fun.

4. Donkey Kong Country Returns
    I loved the original DKC games, and this one was even better than those in my opinion. It's really just a fantastic game, and like Gameguy said, Donkey Kong didn't have a big game since DK64.

3. Super Mario Galaxy
    This turned out to be a really great game, better than I had originally expected at any rate. The gravity and space theme made it fun and unique.

2. Kirby's Return to Dream Land
    Out of all the 2D platformers on the Wii, this one was most certainly my favorite. The super powers (or whatever they were called Razz) were cool, and it was overall just a good game.

1. Super Mario Galaxy 2
    Even if it was a sequel and used the same idea as in the original, I found thiz one to be a little bit better than the first was. It did show that they had a lot of cool things they could do with Mario Galaxy that they were unable to do in the original.

There are still a lot of other Wii games I need to try out, and there are other games that weren't Wii exclusives that I didn't put on this list, so it isn't completely accurate I guess.

Dark Jester
    Dark Jester
    Ness
    Ness

Custom Title : Always a way!

User Points : 1604
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Pokemon: Black and White

Post by Dark Jester Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:31 pm

Great lists, guys. It's actually interesting to see all of your opinions on games.

As to what Zero said there about games being exclusive to the wii... I do recall Code Lyoko is actually a port of a PS2 game, so to keep it fair... NSMBWii can replace that if need be.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:22 am