The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Theatryhthm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call

Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Theatryhthm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call Empty Theatryhthm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call

Post by Winters Thief Zero Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:13 pm

Square Enix has just revealed the sequel to the popular game Theatrhythm Final Fantasy, the sequel is titled Curtain Call and will be releasing in 2014.

Nintendo Life wrote:This week's Shonen Jump magazine reveals that the company is actually working on a full sequel to the popular music title with that name, which will offer over 200 tracks — including themes from the upcoming Final Fantasy XV and Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII games — more than 60 characters, and an option to challenge your friends in Versus Battle Mode.
    I'm pretty sure this is releasing on the 3DS? But there's no confirmation as far as I know...

Anyway, I'm totally uninterested in this, as there's many other games I'm looking forward to other than just a music/rhythm game.
    Polar
    Polar
    Fox McCloud
    Fox McCloud

Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 611
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Paper Mario

Theatryhthm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call Empty Re: Theatryhthm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call

Post by Polar Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:55 pm

This is cool, I enjoyed the first one and I hope this one does come to 3DS.
    Marowak
    Marowak
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Custom Title : Mari
    User Points : 2927
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Legend of Metroid Emblem Bros Story X/Y

Theatryhthm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call Empty Re: Theatryhthm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call

Post by Marowak Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:02 pm

I wanted to get the first one but it wasn't on download or at the stores I went to, which is odd because you'd think this type of game would be straight for a download copy. That being said I hope they have the second one on download, and I am looking forward to it.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:09 pm

It looks like it's only coming to the 3DS in Japan for the time being.

Gematsu wrote:The latest entry in the Theatrhythm Final Fantasy series is Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call. Coming to 3DS in Japan in spring 2014, the game will offer over 200 songs (including some from Final Fantasy XIV and Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII), over 60 characters, and a multiplayer “Versus Battle Mode.”
    Here's the first scan from jump.

Theatryhthm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call Theatrhythm-Curtain-Call-Scan_09-10
    I won't be getting this game since I don't really like games like this but, it's always good to see a new game that makes fans happy.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:20 pm

Only in Japan? That would suck for fans of the original game in other countries. But it might come to other areas considering the first game did.

@Cubone
    I just saw it at a game store on Saturday, when I was looking through all the 3DS games they had there...this game will probably be available via download, most of the newer 3DS games are on the eShop now.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:56 pm

Here's a new trailer for the game:

It really doesn't look like a game I'd keep playing for very long, but I do like how it's still sort of an RPG while still being a music/rhythm game.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 7:24 pm