The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Nintendo Wins Patent Lawsuit That Would Have Blocked The Wii and Wii U From Being Imported to the US

Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Custom Title : The Luma
    User Points : 2765

Nintendo Wins Patent Lawsuit That Would Have Blocked The Wii and Wii U From Being Imported to the US Empty Nintendo Wins Patent Lawsuit That Would Have Blocked The Wii and Wii U From Being Imported to the US

Post by Luma Party Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:20 am

"A long-standing patent infringement dispute taken out against the Wii and Wii U systems and their controllers was won by Nintendo late Thursday. The case, brought against Nintendo by themed adventure park owners Creative Kingdoms, would have blocked Wii and Wii U consoles from being imported into the United States. It asserted that the motion sensor technology used in Nintendo’s Wii remotes infringed upon a similar technology employed by magic toy wands that were used for casting spells on TV screens at Creative Kingdoms attractions. According to Nintendo’s press release, the International Trade Commission found that Nintendo’s Wii and Wii U systems do not infringe Creative Kingdoms’ patents. The commission also found that Creative Kingdoms’ patents are invalid.
    The Creative Kingdoms case dates back to March of 2011. After ruling in Nintendo’s favor once, the judge overseeing the dispute was asked to reevaluate his position, and has again decided in Nintendo’s favor, declaring Creative Kingdoms’s patents invalid and stating that the Wiimote is not a hollow “toy wand”. Nintendo had reportedly also argued that the Wii U should not be included in the lawsuit, as it was not released until afterwards, and therefore was never directly inspected by the judge. Richard Medway, deputy general counsel for Nintendo of America, had the following to say about the ruling:
    “We are pleased with the commission’s determination. Nintendo’s track record demonstrates that we vigorously defend patent lawsuits when we believe we have not infringed another party’s patent. Nintendo continues to develop unique and innovative products while respecting the intellectual property rights of others.”"
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Nintendo Wins Patent Lawsuit That Would Have Blocked The Wii and Wii U From Being Imported to the US Empty Re: Nintendo Wins Patent Lawsuit That Would Have Blocked The Wii and Wii U From Being Imported to the US

Post by Winters Thief Zero Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:09 pm

Thank god, I'm not going to be purchasing another console created by Nintendo when I just got my Wii U at the end of last year...

I don't know why Creative Kingdoms would file a lawsuit for having 'similar' technology as their toy magic wands at an amusement park, I doubt Nintendo even knew they existed anyway.
    Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Custom Title : The Luma
    User Points : 2765

Nintendo Wins Patent Lawsuit That Would Have Blocked The Wii and Wii U From Being Imported to the US Empty Re: Nintendo Wins Patent Lawsuit That Would Have Blocked The Wii and Wii U From Being Imported to the US

Post by Luma Party Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:40 pm

^XD.

Most ludicrous thing ever.
    I bet you they must have some ties with Microsoft or Sony.
    There is something behind that.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Post by Winters Thief Zero Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:48 pm

I honestly don't at all see why Nintendo didn't file a lawsuit against Sony for the Playstation Move, as it is a complete rip-off of the Wii Remote. The only thing different is that GIANT BALL OF LIGHT.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 9:16 pm