The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth

Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth Empty Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:32 am

Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth has just been announced by Atlus exclusively for the Nintendo 3DS. The game has been confirmed for a Japanese release in June 2014, but there has been no mention of a western release yet.

I'm glad they're finally bringing the series to a Nintendo console so I can try it out. (I don't currently own a PlayStation...) I may purchase this if it comes to NA.
    Marowak
    Marowak
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Custom Title : Mari
    User Points : 2927
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Legend of Metroid Emblem Bros Story X/Y

Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth Empty Re: Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth

Post by Marowak Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:25 am

I hope there's a Western release that'd be a nice game to get for the 3DS, I wonder what the story is going to be though.

Post by Guest Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:21 pm

Hm. Why chibi?

Along with this we have a new Persona on Vita and Persona 5 for PS3. And again, both slated to have a release only in Japan so far.

Though, I guarantee P5 will come to other regions.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Post by queenzelda Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:28 pm

I think it's a safe bet to think this game is coming western side; seeing how hugely popular the Persona series is here. xp
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:00 am

It seems Persona Q isn't actually a normal Persona game according to Atlus.

Just like the experiment of making a fighting game based off the Persona series in Persona 4 Arena, which was also well received by fans, the plan of making Persona Q came from wanting a game that could bring further joy from an even more ‘unexpected element'. However, it’s not quite as simple as putting Persona characters into an Etrian Odyssey game: While we are implementing Etrian Odyssey’s system into it, just as the name implies, Persona Q will be a completely new title, but first and foremost, it’ll be for the fans of the Persona series. Persona Q is just entering its testing phase, and we’re currently polishing its contents.
    Nino
    Nino
    Donkey Kong
    Donkey Kong

Custom Title : Do my best!
    User Points : 1420
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Pokemon Ultra Sun

Post by Nino Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:35 am

So they're probably doing some dungeon exploration in this game. Maybe it would come with a hub to travel between dungeons.

Post by Guest Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:25 pm

From the get-go I could tell it wasn't a "normal" Persona game. Just because the way it looked overall.

If the game doesn't hit stateside, I'll prolly shove it off. If it does... I'd certainly like to try it.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:30 pm

Here's a new Japanese trailer for the game showing off one of the new characters and a bit of gameplay (but not much):

I guess you can't really understand what he's saying, but still nice that there's an update on the game.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:36 pm

Here's a new trailer for the game.

Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:50 pm

New details have been revealed about Persona Q!

- now use alternate Personas
    - in the story, they gain this power by way of the two protagonists meeting each other
    - this has something to do with their Wild Card power
    - boost meter is built up by exploiting enemy weaknesses
    - characters who manage to enter a Boosted state can, on their next turn, use their skills for free
    - they can also jump ahead in line in terms of attack priority
    - follow-up attacks that are performed when another character has taken their turn
    - All-Out Attacks have a higher chance of triggering as more and more characters enter a Boosted state
    - party chatter between members can change depending on who’s fighting with you

Sounds cool, and because this series is called Persona, it only makes sense you can switch to different personas. Razz
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:21 pm

Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth has been confirmed for North America!

I am thou. Thou art I. From the sea of our souls come new games in the Persona series. That's right, the time has come for the Velvet Room to open once again, so dust off those Social Links and keep an eye out for blue butterflies - ATLUS' acclaimed Persona series is returning to North America with completely new games for this year and beyond.

"The Persona series is one of the most progressive, mature role playing game franchises in the world, and a cornerstone of what makes ATLUS a great video game company," said Naoto Hiraoka, president and CEO, Index Digital Media, Inc. "The latest ventures into the worlds of Persona 3 and 4 give new perspective and depth to some of gaming's most incredible characters, and the new games have a wide enough breadth to be enthralling for newcomers to the series."

Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth (Fall 2014) -- You got Persona in my Etrian! You got Etrian in my Persona! Well, you're right on both counts. Persona Q is a cross-over for the Nintendo 3DS™ system that brings Persona 3 and 4 characters to the gameplay style of Etrian Odyssey. It also marks the first time the Persona franchise will be available on a Nintendo system.

Characters from Persona 3 and 4 have been given a complete visual overhaul to match the Etrian style and plunged into an alternate world resembling Yasogami High School. Legend has it that listening to the end of the bell chimes of Yasogami High's clock tower causes people to die, and this time the bell tolls for the Investigation Team and the SEES. Trapped in an other-world filled with Shadows, the protagonists from Persona 3 and Persona 4 each have different events to follow, allowing the player to choose and experience two different plotlines. As both groups seek a way out of the labyrinth, they will run in to two new characters, Rei and Zen, who may hold the secret to this new mystery.

Cool, I'm definitely going to try this game out at some point now that it's coming to NA. Not sure about a European release though, for those Europeans who want to get the game.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:38 pm

Here's the E3 trailer for Persona Q:

It looks pretty good, although I do hope it's not finished yet. It is set to release this fall, so it probably isn't, but it almost looks like it's in it's early stages even if it isn't...
    Marowak
    Marowak
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Custom Title : Mari
    User Points : 2927
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Legend of Metroid Emblem Bros Story X/Y

Post by Marowak Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:29 am

But Zero it's already out in Japan so it's definitely all done, I think it looks nice and can't wait to get it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 5:39 pm