The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
Peyton
Gameguy1996
Winters Thief Zero
Gengar
8 posters

Super Mario Galaxy

Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Custom Title : The Luma
    User Points : 2765

Super Mario Galaxy - Page 2 Empty Re: Super Mario Galaxy

Post by Luma Party Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:34 am

So apparently this game was going to have multiplayer:
    "A new interview by French gaming site Gamekult with developers from EAD Tokyo continues to reveal interesting bits of news. The latest is that the developers initially tested Super Mario Galaxy for online play, but ultimately decided the experience should remain unique to players’ living rooms.
    The quote closely echoes a recent one by Miyamoto in which he explained the reasoningbehind why Super Mario 3D World was never a candidate for online play. Much speculation has taken place over where the Mario series will be headed following 3D World, as some have called for an open world game, while others are hoping for a Galaxy sequel. For now, Nintendo fans will simply have to make due with the fun-filled four-player of Super Mario 3D World. Here is the full quote from EAD Tokyo about Super Mario Galaxy:
    “We decided from the outset to be limited to local multiplayer. At the time of Super Mario Galaxy, we conducted tests for the online game and we have technical expertise to implement. However, we chose to focus on a user-friendly experience in the same room.”"
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Post by Winters Thief Zero Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:18 pm

I would've MUCH preferred a Galaxy sequel or a more open-world game like 64 and Sunshine. I mean, 3D World does look fun, but it just doesn't seem to be amazing like the other 3D Mario games are. (excluding 3D Land...) That's just my opinion though. I hope they do something interesting for the next game. :3
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Post by queenzelda Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:51 pm

Well for my two cents worth at least Nintendo is THINKING about making a game like Super Mario Galaxy. It sucks the online multiplayer gave them technical issues... It would have been interesting to have seen what a multiplayer Mario game would have played like: impo. Razz XD
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:49 pm

Online would have been cool but I understand why they left it out.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:52 pm

Does anything think think this game will get a HD port on the Wii U down the line with the online play they wanted to to add? I think if Galaxy 3 becomes a thing the game will also be packed in as an extra.A different option could be to upgrade the 2 Galaxy games and release them as a combo pack.
    TheFrozenFairy
    TheFrozenFairy

Custom Title : Frigid Fairy of the Forest

User Points : 993

Post by TheFrozenFairy Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:45 pm

I always thought this was a really good Mario game.

I actually think there's a good chance they will remake Super Mario Galaxy, I'd prefer a Sunshine remake myself but a Galaxy one sounds cool too. I don't think I would actually get it unless they add some more content like Super Mario 64 DS. I think it would be cool to add Wario, Yoshi, and maybe Waluigi to the list of playable characters or perhaps Rosalina since she's a popular choice and she's capable of doing the spin jump. The originally planned multiplayer would be cool, I didn't really like the two player mode the game currently has but at least Galaxy 2 improved it by a bit.

Maybe Super Luigi Galaxy could be available from the beginning with increased difficulty if they do port/remake it, but I guess Luigi's slipperiness makes it hard enough Razz.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:55 pm

Honestly, I wouldn't like to see a remake of the game as Nintendo has developed way too many remakes for my tastes as of late. There's already a Wii remake releasing next year on New 3DS, Xenoblade. I think that's enough. However, if there were to be a Super Mario Galaxy remake, I'd like them to combine the two games together. Not just have an HD double pack with both games remade, but actually combining the galaxies, characters, worlds, and items of both games into one. I think it would make it more interesting than a simple double pack.

If it's just the original game though, it would be nice to get some bonus galaxies to explore.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 8:50 am