The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

I can FINALLY hit the Whistle Register! :D

Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

I can FINALLY hit the Whistle Register! :D - Page 2 Empty Re: I can FINALLY hit the Whistle Register! :D

Post by Winters Thief Zero Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:55 pm

Woah, actually sounds like you're singing now. I'm guessing it's supposed to for what you're trying to do though, Yi. Good job though! Keep trying to improve it.
    Snowy Yialina
    Snowy Yialina
    Pikachu
    Pikachu

Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 715

I can FINALLY hit the Whistle Register! :D - Page 2 Empty Re: I can FINALLY hit the Whistle Register! :D

Post by Snowy Yialina Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:11 am

Zero Revolution wrote:Woah, actually sounds like you're singing now. I'm guessing it's supposed to for what you're trying to do though, Yi. Good job though! Keep trying to improve it.

Aw, thanks! Very Happy I'm so happy! Very Happy Yep, yep, it is! Thanks! Oh, yes, definitely! Smile It's just remembering the mechanism, as well because it took me a few weeks to remember how to create the puppy whine sound and the reversed phonation, so this'll take some time as well.

Just so you know, I kept falling into that puppy whine sound at times because when anyone new who just finds Whistle, it can be very hard to sustain it because it's such a hard register to control. It is especially for first-timers, so it'll take some time. More info: The sensation of it is like when you're crying really hard. Ya know, when it feels like you have a lump in your throat because you're so upset? Well, that's what the sensation feels like, it's really funny because it gives me two emotions. One: I wanna jump around and act totally hyper. Two: I wanna cry. It's really weird Razz Also, to me when I'm using it (I dunno if you heard it) but I sounded like a train whistle Razz 'Haps it could only be for the user, though.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Post by queenzelda Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:59 am

I've had the sensation of crying while laughing. So if hitting the whistle register is anything like that then maybe you could use that as a description too. Razz

I'm glad your trying to improve on doing this; but I'm curious if it's for being able to improve yourself or your ability for singing? Still good luck to ya ^^V
    Snowy Yialina
    Snowy Yialina
    Pikachu
    Pikachu

Post by Snowy Yialina Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:13 pm

queenzelda wrote:I've had the sensation of crying while laughing. So if hitting the whistle register is anything like that then maybe you could use that as a description too. Razz

I'm glad your trying to improve on doing this; but I'm curious if it's for being able to improve yourself or your ability for singing? Still good luck to ya ^^V

Yeah, I could do, thanks Smile Both! Razz What am I trying to do? I'm trying to increase my range to G7, so I can sing 'Emotions' by Mariah Carey! :DI can so far hit up to F6, which I'm so proud of, so almost only an octave left to go! Very Happy

Update!~ 

Now, since you heard my lovely mother going high pitched for the update, I'll show you it! Smile No! That was actually me! Razz I sounded like a weird, posh lady Razz

Okay, updates Smile I'm so happy, my Whistle, it's strengthening and I owe that to finally being able to do a proper and concise lip bubble, they're so helpful with increasing range! Very Happy 

Updates: 

So, yeah! Very Happy Deeesies! I'm so so proud of myself! Very Happy
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:50 pm

That's pretty good Yi! At least from my knowledge of this at any rate. Razz XD I can definitely hear the difference from when you originally posted this. Kind of reminds me of a bird actually...
    Snowy Yialina
    Snowy Yialina
    Pikachu
    Pikachu

Post by Snowy Yialina Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:28 am

Zero Revolution wrote:That's pretty good Yi! At least from my knowledge of this at any rate. :PXD I can definitely hear the difference from when you originally posted this. Kind of reminds me of a bird actually...

Aw, thanks, Yozz Smile Heh, yeah Razz Oh, that's awesome! Wow, thanks. I didn't know it was that good Embarassed 
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:43 pm

If it's supposed to sound like a bird than I'd say it's pretty much spot on. Razz So yeah it is that good Yi.
    Snowy Yialina
    Snowy Yialina
    Pikachu
    Pikachu

Post by Snowy Yialina Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:06 pm

Zero Revolution wrote:If it's supposed to sound like a bird than I'd say it's pretty much spot on. :PSo yeah it is that good Yi.

Yeah, it is. This register is used in the style of 'Bird Singing' and it really sounds like a bird then, it's quite beautiful. Very talented people out there! Smile

I can't wait until I can properly access this register! It's supposed to be the easiest, even easier than Head voice because you don't need a lot of power for Whistle, neither a lot of breath because the vocal cords are so small, they only need a small supply of air to vibrate at that pitch. It's just getting the sensation, and getting the cords to do that. It's more technique, over power. I'll get there soon, though Smile Not long now. I know I'll be fine as soon as I've found the placement because as soon as I found Head, not long after and I can access almost all of the notes in that register, so Whistle should be a breeze once I've got the placement. 
    Snowy Yialina
    Snowy Yialina
    Pikachu
    Pikachu

Post by Snowy Yialina Mon May 05, 2014 2:21 am

Update! Very Happy

I think I'm even more closer to Whistle now, I can just feel it! Very Happy Whistle really does feel effortless. People are right! All it does, though is just make the muscles around the neck a little sore, just how Ariana explained. Like you're crying really hard. 

Here's the video, 
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Mon May 05, 2014 3:40 pm

It almost sounds like those special pot lids that start squeaking when the water in it is boiling. Razz XD

I should stop making these comparisons, that sounds really good Yi. ^^
    Snowy Yialina
    Snowy Yialina
    Pikachu
    Pikachu

Post by Snowy Yialina Tue May 06, 2014 5:29 am

Zero Revolution wrote:It almost sounds like those special pot lids that start squeaking when the water in it is boiling. :PXD

I should stop making these comparisons, that sounds really good Yi. ^^

Oh, don't worry, Yozz! Smile That's perfectly fine! It's normal for anyone to liken it to a familiar sound, so they can understand or make sense of what it sounds like. Perfectly fine! Smile

Aw, thanks, Yozz! Very Happy Does it sound any better? Hopefully, it does Smile 
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Tue May 06, 2014 3:13 pm

I think so. It's kind of hard to tell with the previous video, but if I look back at the first one you posted, it's way better. XD
    Snowy Yialina
    Snowy Yialina
    Pikachu
    Pikachu

Post by Snowy Yialina Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:28 am

Zero Revolution wrote:I think so. It's kind of hard to tell with the previous video, but if I look back at the first one you posted, it's way better. XD

Ooh, awesome! Very Happy 

Update!~ I have a brand new video right here showcasing some Whistle! Now, this is proper Whistle, finally, so I'll only get better from here! Read the description to find out how I did it! I went from a C5, jumped an octave to a C6, and then slid all the way up to a very impressive G6!  Smile

Video, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGmmExmPhD4&feature=player_detailpage

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 4:52 am