The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Kyng
queenzelda
Winters Thief Zero
7 posters

Do you get annoyed when things are spoiled for you?

Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Do you get annoyed when things are spoiled for you? Empty Do you get annoyed when things are spoiled for you?

Post by Winters Thief Zero Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:31 pm

Do you get annoyed when things are spoiled for you online or through other sources about movies, games, etc.?

For me, yes, I get very annoyed when it's something major. Of course I do want to know a bit about the game (or whatever it is) before I wind up getting it, but I hate it when, for example, video footage showing parts of it when I never wanted to see any of it. I've done this multiple times without trying on the internet, and I just hate it when people are posting things all around the internet that were really meant to be a surprise when playing the game, or reveal plot twists in books or movies. But I know some people will just like to get as much info as possible and spoil everything...
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Do you get annoyed when things are spoiled for you? Empty Re: Do you get annoyed when things are spoiled for you?

Post by queenzelda Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:01 pm

Yes, I hate when that happens. So what I've done is to try not to read the thread about the game I'm playing until I've beaten it; seeing as usually every one else seems to get through the game faster then I do. =/
    Kyng
    Kyng
    Ness
    Ness

User Points : 1295

Do you get annoyed when things are spoiled for you? Empty Re: Do you get annoyed when things are spoiled for you?

Post by Kyng Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:51 pm

I get slightly annoyed by it, but not very annoyed. 

Sometimes, though, I find that having the ending spoiled actually increases my interest in the book, movie, game, or whatever it is. It makes me want to see what happens in between to reach that ending Razz .
    Marowak
    Marowak
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Custom Title : Mari
    User Points : 2927
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Legend of Metroid Emblem Bros Story X/Y

Post by Marowak Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:06 pm

If there's a text article or something talking about the game, or I watch a video and it gets spoiled; I would associate that as being my fault for seeing/reading it. But if it's like someone talking to me and they just spoil it, that annoys me, Borderlands 2 GTA, herf merf. Though I did do it for a show that my friend was watching only because I didn't know he watched the show.
    Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Custom Title : The Luma
    User Points : 2765

Post by Luma Party Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:13 pm

Not really.
    I don't want to buy a game if I don't know who is main antagonist is.
    Like of the boss is like, Fluffykins Jr. or something.
    TheFrozenFairy
    TheFrozenFairy

Custom Title : Frigid Fairy of the Forest

User Points : 993

Post by TheFrozenFairy Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:07 pm

I get quite annoyed when things are spoiled. I prefer knowing the least possible when I'm interested in an upcoming game or whatever it is.

I try to avoid information about it until I've finished it.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Post by Winters Thief Zero Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:37 pm

queenzelda wrote:Yes, I hate when that happens. So what I've done is to try not to read the thread about the game I'm playing until I've beaten it; seeing as usually every one else seems to get through the game faster then I do. =/
    And "read" is also a problem, when it's text it's easy to just skip right through it and generally it would be in a spoiler tag if posted online. But I've seen people post videos and such that just looking at the preview for can spoil a lot! It's annoying when this happens, and I feel like there really shouldn't be major spoilers in the preview for a video I wasn't going to watch, and everything in the video was spoiled. For books I suppose this couldn't really happen though.

Post by Guest Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:36 am

Nope. I always spoil myself. All. The. Time.

Then ppl ask me, "What's the point in watching/playing?". I say, "Just to exp. it.".
    Dark Jester
    Dark Jester
    Ness
    Ness

Custom Title : Always a way!

User Points : 1604
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Pokemon: Black and White

Post by Dark Jester Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:01 am

Unknown Entity wrote:Nope. I always spoil myself. All. The. Time.

Then ppl ask me, "What's the point in watching/playing?". I say, "Just to exp. it.".

Sometimes knowing the ending to something can give you a different experience to what was intended.
    Marowak
    Marowak
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Custom Title : Mari
    User Points : 2927
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Legend of Metroid Emblem Bros Story X/Y

Post by Marowak Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:03 pm

Dark Jester wrote:
    Unknown Entity wrote:Nope. I always spoil myself. All. The. Time.

Sometimes knowing the ending to something can give you a different experience to what was intended.

I tend to feel that way when replaying/watching something and knowing the ending.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:23 am