The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[PS3] Tales of Xillia: my thoughts

queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

[PS3] Tales of Xillia: my thoughts Empty [PS3] Tales of Xillia: my thoughts

Post by queenzelda Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:42 pm

My problem with ToX is that it feels more like so many other games with other elements crammed into it just to push out another Tales of game from the Tales of franchise's a$$.

Problem one: One of the main characters is what I technically call a 'god' ('Max'). This has been done many times before; in games such as Lufia's Return, & Lunar Silver Star Story. The ONLY difference is that the main character knows that they are a god. In the other two games the main characters find out later. So, thus this idea (in a way) has been done before.

Problem two: The other main character is a doctor ('Jude'). Who ends up helping the god like character ('Max'): by accident. This happens in Final Fantasy VII where Doctor Hojo helps by remaking a god like being many times over; just as a clone. Same idea, different take.

Problem three: There's a scene in which the two characters accidentally turn a huge cannon 'on': that you as the gamer, can clearly tell is meant for war since it's so HUGE. The only problem here is that the giant cannon idea (impo) is a blatant rip off of the cannon idea used from Final Fantasy VII's Jubon Harbor's giant cannon. [Been there; done that.]

Problem four: The 'god' character ('Max') keeps telling the doctor character (Jude) to go home at the beginning. My problem with this is that it keeps get's annoying; & they act like the other character isn't going to react to them being there & just go away because they want them to. UGH.

Problem five: The blatant Star Wars Han Solo rip off character: Alvin

1:12  is when he calls Jude "kid" (as Han calls Luke).. So.. Yea, do I need to say more? <-<

Atmo of posting, I'm just playing this game to see how the story goes.. And so far: the story as is? Kind of makes no sense. -_-

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:56 am