The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Who's Likely to Win This 8th Generation Console...Thingy

Poll

Who?

[ 1 ]
    Who's Likely to Win This 8th Generation Console...Thingy I_vote_lcap25%Who's Likely to Win This 8th Generation Console...Thingy I_vote_rcap [25%] 
    [ 3 ]
    Who's Likely to Win This 8th Generation Console...Thingy I_vote_lcap75%Who's Likely to Win This 8th Generation Console...Thingy I_vote_rcap [75%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Who's Likely to Win This 8th Generation Console...Thingy I_vote_lcap0%Who's Likely to Win This 8th Generation Console...Thingy I_vote_rcap [0%] 

Total Votes: 4

Who's Likely to Win This 8th Generation Console...Thingy Empty Who's Likely to Win This 8th Generation Console...Thingy

Post by Guest Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:55 pm

To clear it up. Not who you WANT to win but given what's happened so far, who is LIKELY.

Well. With that recent news of Sony's PS4 crushing their sales mark, I'd say they are doing sharp. It's surpassed Wii U in sales and has been around for a shorter time frame(that says Sony is doing something right, i feel).

Wii U needs that extra boost. Maybe they'll obtain it with the release of MK8 and SSB4? Personally, I don't see MK8 doing much but SSB4 could be another story...(i'd buy a Wii U for that one game if i had the money)

Honestly don't know what's been going on with the X1. I feel it's kinda in the background and not getting much attention. Really, it seems ppl would rather just stick to their 360's than purchase another console.

--

I'm not one for "console wars" and think every console has their ups and downs for what they're worth... But what do YOU think?
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Who's Likely to Win This 8th Generation Console...Thingy Empty Re: Who's Likely to Win This 8th Generation Console...Thingy

Post by Winters Thief Zero Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:11 pm

Unknown Entity wrote:Personally, I don't see MK8 doing much
    I think it could do quite a bit to help sales for Wii U, Mario Kart Wii is the third best selling game of all time, so provided there is a Wii U bundle with Mario Kart 8, it could help a lot...

Anyway, I hope Wii U wins, but I think PS4 will win in terms of sales numbers. As for games, well, neither Xbone or PS4 have any good games available, nor are there many to release in the future outside of maybe 2 or 3. (imo) So yeah, Wii U is probably going to in terms of games and enjoyment you get out of the console really. Although even in sales I think the PS4 is going to slow down a lot soon.

Who's Likely to Win This 8th Generation Console...Thingy Empty Re: Who's Likely to Win This 8th Generation Console...Thingy

Post by Guest Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:12 pm

I think your missing the 3DS & phone gaming since gaming on the go is such a huge thing. Just look at the numbers; phone gaming is getting way more sales then console gaming. source If anything I think the phones are winning over any console mentioned. (Just stating a fact that is all. source)

Otherwise I think the 3DS should win the console race seeing as Pokemon X & Y sold so many systems when both of these games released. source

Post by Guest Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:17 pm

Meh. Didn't want to include that. Only the 3 main home consoles.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Post by Winters Thief Zero Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:59 pm

@Mega Raichu
    Oh definitely, if 3DS were included in the "console wars" then it would win for sure. But the 3DS doesn't have any competition. (technically the Vita is there, but still no competition there lol)
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:23 pm

I'm going to say Sony since they sold 6 million units and Xbox One's sales have not been that strong lately. The phone games are on top though since most people who own a phone play those free or cheep games.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 12:50 am