The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Tomodachi Life

Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Tomodachi Life - Page 2 Empty Re: Tomodachi Life

Post by Winters Thief Zero Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:02 pm

Japanese people are more interested in it from the sounds of it. Razz XD I don't think I'll be getting it either, it doesn't seem to have that appeal that Animal Crossing does as a "simulation" game. Unless I like the demo, but even then I want to save my money instead of spending it on this.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:03 am

It seems like this game is doing better then we thought.

Reggie wrote: We just launched Tomodachi Life. The Tomodachi Life numbers were significantly stronger than we had forecasted and planned. That's because it's a vibrant platform.

I guess people did want the game and I will likely get the game soon since there's not not any games coming out until Fall.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:11 am

I'd rather wait until September and October for more Nintendo games, I doubt I'd have much fun with this.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:19 am

Here's an update on the sales in Europe.

Iwata wrote:We released "Tomodachi Life" in the overseas markets last June, which is the title released as "Tomodachi Collection: Shin-Seikatsu" (Japanese title) in Japan in 2013, and the global life-to-date sales of this title reached 3.96 million units.

It is interesting to note that the sales pace has been steady in Europe in particular. This graph compares it to the sales transition of "Animal Crossing: New Leaf," which was released in almost the same period of the previous year. In the overseas markets, "Tomodachi Life" had to make a start as a little known and entirely new IP because the original "Tomodachi Collection" for Nintendo DS was not available there. For your information, this graph shows the weekly sales of each title through the end of the year and the number of weeks for "Tomodachi Life" is one more than that for "Animal Crossing: New Leaf" as "Tomodachi Life" was released one week earlier in the year.

As you can see, "Tomodachi Life" has sold steadily for a long time. The sell-through of the two titles including their digital versions until the end of the calendar year of the respective releases are on the same level: 1.28 million units for "Animal Crossing: New Leaf" and 1.22 million units for "Tomodachi Life." Considering the difference in their brand awareness and initial sales, it is fair to say that "Tomodachi Life" has achieved good results. It is also notable that the sales in one European country, France, have surpassed those in the U.S.
    We can make Nintendo 3DS a more widely received platform by realizing the market potential of such titles as they have fewer competitors in the video game industry and more appeal to female consumers. Actually, "Tomodachi Life" and a pink Nintendo 2DS succeeded in attracting young female European consumers to the platform in the year-end sales season. With the help of the hit "Tomodachi Life," Nintendo 2DS has made its mark as an entry model in Europe, constituting nearly half of the sales of Nintendo 3DS hardware in the year-end sales season.

Tomodachi Life - Page 2 12l

This game made a big splash in Europe and I guess the 2DS did better in Europe since it was more suited for younger kids.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:19 am

I'm glad it did well in Europe, but I prefer New Leaf, so I don't think it deserves to be selling better. Razz

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:55 am