The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Luma Party
Gameguy1996
6 posters

HAL Laboratory: Developers Interested in making a Fully 3D Kirby

Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

HAL Laboratory: Developers Interested in making a Fully 3D Kirby Empty HAL Laboratory: Developers Interested in making a Fully 3D Kirby

Post by Gameguy1996 Fri May 23, 2014 1:26 am

Interview wrote:umazaki: “We’re really interested in making a fully 3D Kirby game! I suspect there are also more than a few users who’d appreciate being able to freely run around a sprawling map, fighting with copy abilities."

Full Interview

I would like to see a 3D Kirby game on the Wii U at some point. I still don't know if the team could make a full 3D game though since Kirby's movement has mostly been in 2D.
    Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Custom Title : The Luma
    User Points : 2765

HAL Laboratory: Developers Interested in making a Fully 3D Kirby Empty Re: HAL Laboratory: Developers Interested in making a Fully 3D Kirby

Post by Luma Party Fri May 23, 2014 7:57 am

That would be interesting to see.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

HAL Laboratory: Developers Interested in making a Fully 3D Kirby Empty Re: HAL Laboratory: Developers Interested in making a Fully 3D Kirby

Post by Winters Thief Zero Fri May 23, 2014 3:09 pm

It would be interesting, but I feel like Kirby probably works much better as a 2D game. I'd have to wait and see how it looks to know for sure that I'd want it. But Triple Deluxe did give the game more depth than before, even if not a 3D platformer.
    Marowak
    Marowak
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Custom Title : Mari
    User Points : 2927
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Legend of Metroid Emblem Bros Story X/Y

Post by Marowak Fri May 23, 2014 9:54 pm

I liked Kirby Air Ride allowing Kirby to run around in a 3D area in City Trial, with and without a vehicle, so I feel like it could work out pretty well.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Fri May 23, 2014 10:30 pm

^ I feel like they'd use that as a basis for a 3D Kirby game, since it is the only Kirby game where he could move around in all directions. I feel like part of the reason they haven't made one yet is because they apparently aren't good at designing 3D games. (isn't that why Earthbound 64 was cancelled? Because they weren't good at making 3D games?)
    The Shattered Legacy
    The Shattered Legacy
    Samus Aran
    Samus Aran

Custom Title : Keeper of Tasseled Lilies
    User Points : 244

Post by The Shattered Legacy Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:36 pm

I believe part of the plans/ideas for Kirby Wii before it became the final product of RtDL was a 3D concept.
    Tbh I feel like it goes against the design philosophy of Kirby to add a third dimension of exploration unless it's kinda I guess signposted as to the general progress of the level?
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:41 pm

^ I agree to some extent, but I think if they did something in the style of Super Mario 3D World it'd work well. That game was a fairly linear 3D platformer, and I feel that's the only way they could make it work. Even the 3D concept for Kirby on Wii seemed to be doing something like that based on the one screenshot we have.
    TheFrozenFairy
    TheFrozenFairy

Custom Title : Frigid Fairy of the Forest

User Points : 993

Post by TheFrozenFairy Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:31 pm

I'm interested that Hal is interested in making a full 3D Kirby game. I believe it'll likely be linear like 3D World, they could do some interesting things. Kirby was one of the few platformers that didn't go 3D around the N64 era so there must have been a reason for it. It will be nice to see what they come up with. I'm reminded of the image shown for that Wii Kirby game that was never released or turned into Return to Dreamland.

I'd like something more exploration based like Mario 64. There's no telling what'll be like. I'm guessing something more multiplayer friendly.
    The Shattered Legacy
    The Shattered Legacy
    Samus Aran
    Samus Aran

Custom Title : Keeper of Tasseled Lilies
    User Points : 244

Post by The Shattered Legacy Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:40 pm

Winters Thief Zero wrote:^ I agree to some extent, but I think if they did something in the style of Super Mario 3D World it'd work well. That game was a fairly linear 3D platformer, and I feel that's the only way they could make it work. Even the 3D concept for Kirby on Wii seemed to be doing something like that based on the one screenshot we have.
    This is sort of what I was thinking re signposting. A Kirby game in the SM64 or SMS style wouldn't work that well imo, but something like SM3DW would.

Post by Guest Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:25 am

Well, it's not completely out of the question to do this. After all, there is Kirby Air Ride. The Free Town Mode or whatever comes to mind.

Also, weren't they going to do something like this on GC as well but that got cancelled or that turned out to be Kirby Air Ride(i remember something like that but maybe i'm just thinking of the Wii one)?

When they went that direction with Mega Man X7 I admit I was a bit weirded out by that. lol
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:10 pm

^ The cancelled GameCube game was I believe a 2D platformer, it took place in a 3D world but there was a fixed 2D path and you couldn't move freely. (basically like Kirby 64) At least from the looks of it.

And yeah Mega Man X7 is a little weird, but there is Legends too.

@TSL
    Maybe it could work, but I don't personally see any way that it would either, anything even slightly too open could ruin the game.

@SirFrozenFairy
    Well 3D World had multiplayer so it'd be possible!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 2:20 am