The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
Gameguy1996
commanderedgeworth
Marowak
queenzelda
Winters Thief Zero
9 posters

Do you ever buy the same game multiple times?

Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Do you ever buy the same game multiple times? Empty Do you ever buy the same game multiple times?

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:49 am

Do you ever buy the same game multiple times? I've seen some people do it, but I just don't get why, unless they're giving it as a gift or no longer have the original copy. I've repurchased 1 or 2 games I sold after being completely uninterested in them, then wanting to play them again. Razz But other than that, not really.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Do you ever buy the same game multiple times? Empty Re: Do you ever buy the same game multiple times?

Post by queenzelda Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:59 am

Yep. Usually it's cause I find it on sale, get it for free, or lose said game I had before otherwise: or have given same said game as a gift. ;3
    Marowak
    Marowak
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Custom Title : Mari
    User Points : 2927
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Legend of Metroid Emblem Bros Story X/Y

Do you ever buy the same game multiple times? Empty Re: Do you ever buy the same game multiple times?

Post by Marowak Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:38 pm

Tends to be if I get a game for one system though the people who I want to play with got it for a different one, though I never spend too much money on a game I already got to buy it again.
    commanderedgeworth
    commanderedgeworth
    Deku
    Deku

User Points : 189

Post by commanderedgeworth Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:58 pm

Yes, but only for the PC version since it's typically best.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:30 am

I do if I lose the game or if the game stops working.
    Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Custom Title : The Luma
    User Points : 2765

Post by Luma Party Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:29 am

Never.
    Frost-Knight
    Frost-Knight
    Pikachu
    Pikachu

User Points : 126

Post by Frost-Knight Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:07 am

Usually not, but I own two copies of the Wii version of The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. There's was no good reason for me to get two identical copies (except that one has the Nintendo Selects box, I don't think there is any difference in the game itself) so I have no idea why I bought another.

Post by Guest Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:30 am

Does "special edition" games count? I bought Kingdom Hearts AND Kingdom Hearts Final Mix AND Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD Remix. I am a KH freak so.I naturally have to have all of the versions available. Razz
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Post by Winters Thief Zero Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:26 pm

^ Well, considering they are technically different versions of those games, I guess they don't really count, it makes sense you'd want to buy them over again. If I had the money I'm sure I'd do that. Razz
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Post by queenzelda Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:26 am

I have at least 3 different copies of Chrono Trigger: SNES, DS, & PS1. I also have at least 2 copies of 2 different Suikoden games: Suikoden 1: PS1 & PSN VC, & 2 Suikoden 4 discs. I also plan to purchase the remakes of Ruby & Sapphire for the 3DS though I own the GBA version of Ruby already. xp

Post by Guest Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:14 am

I also have the SNES and PS1 versions of Chrono Trigger! It's a really great game that deserves to be bought twice.
    Kyng
    Kyng
    Ness
    Ness

User Points : 1295

Post by Kyng Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:49 pm

Some time ago (in 2005, maybe?), we replaced are computer with a newer one, which wasn't backward-compatible with some of my older games, so I had to buy new copies of some of those. (Of course, I didn't replace the whole lot: sometimes, I just moved on to newer games Razz )
    Kinopio
    Kinopio
    Fox McCloud
    Fox McCloud

Custom Title : "Time for adventure!~"

User Points : 680
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Super Mario Bros. 2 (USA)

Post by Kinopio Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:19 pm

Do Pokemon games of a specific generation count to being the same game? Razz I remember getting Silver, Gold, and Crystal as a kid. xD Nah, I'm just kidding. 

Hmm..I can't recall purchasing a specific game more than once. Maybe Wario's Woods, but then again - I technically got it for free after buying Animal Crossing for the GameCube (in-game).

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 4:31 pm