The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Longest Time You've Kept a Console on

Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Longest Time You've Kept a Console on Empty Longest Time You've Kept a Console on

Post by Winters Thief Zero Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:52 pm

What's the longest you've ever left a game console on? It can include time you weren't actually playing on it.

I've left my GameCube on for over 24 hours a few years ago, because I wanted to go to sleep, but I wasn't near a save point in Metroid Prime to where I could stop playing. Razz But the longest I've left any console on is days, I left my 3DS on for over a week without realizing it. I just kept putting it into sleep mode when I was in the middle of something. I realized eventually I hadn't even turned it off for over a week. But I suppose it's not as big of a deal with the 3DS as it would be for any home console, which could easily overheat if kept on for too long.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Longest Time You've Kept a Console on Empty Re: Longest Time You've Kept a Console on

Post by Gameguy1996 Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:06 pm

I think I left my Gamecube on overnight to unlock Mewtwo in Melee when I was younger.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Longest Time You've Kept a Console on Empty Re: Longest Time You've Kept a Console on

Post by queenzelda Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:10 am

I left my Gamecube on for over a week in order to get through my GBA Metroid: Zero Mission via my gameboy player. The game can't save a game internally but if I went to the save screen & went back to playing later on in the day then I could continue on from where I'd left off before. Apparently my Metroid: Zero Mission GBA title needs a new battery. Since it not only has issues with saving but it will also some times refer to SA-X as 5A-X; as well as make the animation for SA-X look more creepy then usual.. (At least impo.) I've seen a lot of odd stuff happen with this cart & live to tell the tale. O.o;
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:23 am

^ Well that's interesting. Did you buy that game new? Or was it someone else's used cartridge? Because that sounds pretty messed up.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Post by queenzelda Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:25 am

Zero Revolution wrote:^ Well that's interesting. Did you buy that game new? Or was it someone else's used cartridge? Because that sounds pretty messed up.
    Nope; I bought it used. :3 I still have it btw. ^^
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:33 am

Oh, well that makes sense, they probably messed up the cart. If it were new when you bought it, I would've contacted Nintendo at the time for a refund or something. XD But that's just me, I guess.
    TheFrozenFairy
    TheFrozenFairy

Custom Title : Frigid Fairy of the Forest

User Points : 993

Post by TheFrozenFairy Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:24 pm

I kept my Nintendo Gamecube on for the amount of time required to unlock Mewtwo in Super Smash Brothers Melee. I've also left my 3DS on for almost a day one time because I closed it without realizing it was on. It was fine when I went to go play it.

I think I kept my Nintendo 64 on for hours and did other things when I was younger.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:58 pm

^ You know, I do think the 3DS almost just shuts down entirely when in sleep mode, because I've never had any problems when leaving it on for awhile either. Nintendo has even encouraged leaving the DS/3DS on all the time in the past. So maybe it really doesn't affect the system or make it overheat.

Post by Guest Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:05 am

Gameguy1996 wrote:I think I left my Gamecube on overnight to unlock Mewtwo in Melee when I was younger.
    I did this exact thing.

Altho, the longest was prolly playing Super Mario Sunshine for over 24 hours as a kid. It was my first time playing it...and I couldn't stop.

I left my GC on a lot & why I ruined it. I played it so f-ing much.

Post by Guest Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:31 pm

I did the Mewtwo thing honorably. Just constantly played VS. Mode until everybody got unlocked. lol

My longest was leaving my PS2 on for over three days because of Tony Hawk Pro Skater 4. There was one mission that involved you having to camp out at a certaib building and wait for someone to challenge them to a grinding race, but that bastard never showed up when I wanted him to.
    Nessness
    Nessness
    Nessness Ness
    Nessness Ness

Custom Title : Ness + Awesomeness = Nessness
    User Points : 732

Post by Nessness Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:01 pm

Well PC technically doesn't count as a console, but still you can play games on it.
    I'll count my longest moment as keeping my PC on to unlock the robot characters in Sonic Riders.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 3:05 pm