The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Zero's Top 5 Kirby Games

Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Zero's Top 5 Kirby Games Empty Zero's Top 5 Kirby Games

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:57 pm

I actually like quite a few of Kirby's games, so I've decided to make a top 5 for my 5 favorite in the series. So here it is:

5. Kirby Super Star [SNES]

While I didn't necessarily like how the game was split between 8 games, it does add for a nice variety, and each game, albeit small, are quite enjoyable. (my favorite is the Revenge of Meta-Knight) Overall Super Star is fun and kind of challenging. The games are all very well designed and it also has a few of my favorite Kirby copy abilities that still haven't returned since. Razz (Mirror mostly)

4. Kirby's Epic Yarn [Wii]

Kirby's Epic Yarn is an interesting new kind of Kirby game. Kirby doesn't have his sucking ability or the ability to steal enemy's powers. When it first released I didn't really want to play it since I heard it was too easy, nothing like Kirby, etc. But although it's easier than Kirby games generally are due to not being able to die, the game is VERY well designed. I like trying to do everything just to see what happens when I do it. They use the yarn is so many creative ways.

3. Kirby's Return to Dream Land [Wii]

Return to Dream Land was a fantastic return for Kirby, and at the time of release, it was my favorite traditional Kirby platformer. The levels are well designed and some even revolve around using copy abilities in creative ways, which I liked. I also like to Super Abilities and Sphere Doomer sections which really test your skill. Even the 2 minigames available to play were pretty fun.

2. Kirby and the Amazing Mirror [GBA]

I absolutely love the Metroidvania style of games. So to have a Kirby game similar to that is just amazing. I love taking all the different possible paths and using different copy abilities to find hidden treasure. The one annoyance I did have with it though is that playing alone it's annoying when you have to call the Kirbys to help you out. You don't have to do it that often, but it's kind of annoying to have AI Kirbys have to help you out.

1. Kirby: Triple Deluxe [3DS]

Triple Deluxe surprised me with it's very clever level design and it's charm. I really can't say much else about it, it's just an amazing game. Actually, it's the only Kirby game I'd really call amazing, even if I do like a lot of the other games in the series.

So there you have it. There were a couple other games I enjoyed that would be close behind, Kirby's Adventure and Kirby: Squeak Squad. Canvas Curse and Mass Attack both look good as well but I haven't played them unfortunately.
    Nessness
    Nessness
    Nessness Ness
    Nessness Ness

Custom Title : Ness + Awesomeness = Nessness
    User Points : 732

Zero's Top 5 Kirby Games Empty Re: Zero's Top 5 Kirby Games

Post by Nessness Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:09 pm

Yeah, Kirby Triple Deluxe looks like an amazing game. I really need to try it later.
    And thanks for putting Epic Yarn in the list! That game is very underrated.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:57 pm

^ Well if you can get a 3DS I do really recommend it, it's one of my favorite 3DS games.

And I agree, Epic Yarn is very underrated. It might be easy an unlike many other Kirby games, but there are a ton of other Kirby games nothing like the rest of the series (such as Canvas Curse, Mass Attack, Pinball, etc.) that don't seem to get any hate. Oh well, I enjoyed Epic Yarn at any rate. XD
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:41 pm

All of those games are great even though I never played Epic Yarn. I would have added Kirby 64 in my top 5 though.
    commanderedgeworth
    commanderedgeworth
    Deku
    Deku

User Points : 189

Post by commanderedgeworth Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:59 am

Zero Revolution wrote:

5. Kirby Super Star [SNES]

While I didn't necessarily like how the game was split between 8 games, it does add for a nice variety, and each game, albeit small, are quite enjoyable. (my favorite is the Revenge of Meta-Knight) Overall Super Star is fun and kind of challenging. The games are all very well designed and it also has a few of my favorite Kirby copy abilities that still haven't returned since. Razz (Mirror mostly)

But that's why it's the best! You're almost losing money by not buying it. The rest are one for one, but with Super Star you're eight for one, you can't lose! It also had that chicken guy in Revenge of Meta-Knight, and he never appeared again. In Europe it was called Kirby's Funpak, which is the best name ever.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:51 am

@Gameguy
    I've never played Kirby 64, maybe it would've been in my list if I had played it.

@Commanderedgeworth
    It's called Kirby's Fun Pak in Europe? Seriously? Well that is pretty great.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 12:19 pm