The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Zero's Top 5 Nintendo GameCube Games

Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Zero's Top 5 Nintendo GameCube Games Empty Zero's Top 5 Nintendo GameCube Games

Post by Winters Thief Zero Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:49 pm

Here's my list of my top 5 Nintendo GameCube games! Something got me thinking of the GameCube earlier, so I've decided to make this. Here they are:

5. Metroid Prime

Metroid Prime is one of the VERY few first-person shooter games I've actually enjoyed. (although even then, it's not really a traditional FPS game anyway Razz) I still prefer the 2D games, but Prime was still fantastic for the GameCube, it's a lot of fun to explore the world and gain access to other areas through new powerups.

4. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

I've always hated the sailing, but otherwise Wind Waker is among my favorite Zelda games. It has a fantastic art style (one of my favorites from any game ever) and great dungeons. Also, it has that Dragon Boat thing. XD

3. Pikmin

Alright, so I technically don't own Pikmin. However I've played it, and I do own the Wii version, which is the exact same game with better controls. So I can still legitimately put this on my list. Anyway, it's a very creative game, and it's kind of addicting too. You have to be very strategic. Due to all the time limits and day limits, it's stressful, but also relaxing due to the environments. I really like that.

2. Super Smash Bros. Melee

Melee is my favorite Smash game, even despite it having a smaller roster than Brawl. The stages and fast-paced gameplay make it more fun for me. (not that Brawl is bad or anything) For awhile I couldn't stop playing Melee, it's fun to go against other Nintendo characters.

1. Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

I'm pretty sure I've mentioned it before, but Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door is my favorite GameCube game. It's one of the best RPGs I've ever played, it just feels so great to play. The battle system works very well. (and I wish they'd bring it back for a future PM game :/) And each chapter feels unique and fun. It also has a surprisingly good story. Maybe it could still be better, but considering this is a Mario game, it's a MUCH better plot than the other games in the series. The final boss is also pretty cool albeit easy.

There are also a few games I thought were great that didn't make my list. Super Mario Sunshine would have been on there, but after my recent playthrough of it, I remembered how terrible the camera is. It's not that big of an issue, as I still enjoyed the game, but that made me replace it on my list.

Also, Animal Crossing is a fantastic game. But I never really played it much, so I felt like I shouldn't have put it in my list.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Zero's Top 5 Nintendo GameCube Games Empty Re: Zero's Top 5 Nintendo GameCube Games

Post by Gameguy1996 Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:02 pm

You have a really good list. I though Double Dash would be in the top 5 though.

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 7:02 pm