The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
TheFrozenFairy
Winters Thief Zero
Gameguy1996
7 posters

The Legend of Zelda and Animal Crossing DLC

Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

The Legend of Zelda and Animal Crossing DLC  Empty The Legend of Zelda and Animal Crossing DLC

Post by Gameguy1996 Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:32 pm

The Legend of Zelda and Animal Crossing DLC  T99z14

The Legend of Zelda and Animal Crossing DLC  10991122-1409070673-879396

Each Add On Content pack will contain two new cups, each with four courses, which, in total, increases the number of available courses by 50 percent. The Add On Content packs include classics like Wario’s Gold Mine from Mario Kart Wii, as well as new courses, some taking place in the worlds of The Legend of Zelda and Animal Crossing. New vehicles will also arrive with each pack, including the Blue Falcon kart representing the F-Zero franchise in the first AOC pack.

Mario Kart 8 Pack 1 - Released: November 13,  2014

Pack 1 includes:

3 Characters: Tanooki Mario, Cat Peach, Link
    4 Vehicles: Blue Falcon, B Dasher, Master Cycle and Tanooki Kart
    1 Set of Tires: Triforce Tires
    1 Glider: Hylian Glider
    2 Cups: Egg Cup (GCN Yoshi Circuit, Excitebike Arena, Dragon Driftway, Mute City) and Triforce Cup (Wii Wario's Gold Mine, SNES Rainbow Road, Ice Ice Outpost, Hyrule Circuit)

Mario Kart 8 Pack 2 - Released: May 2015

Pack 2 includes:

3 Characters: Villager, Isabelle, Dry Bowser
    4 Vehicles
    8 Courses (includes Animal Crossing track and jungle-themed track)

As a bonus for purchasing both packs - as a bundle or separately - you can get eight different-coloured Yoshis and eight different-coloured Shy Guys that can be used right away.

Source

This was unexpected for me since I thought just Mario characters would be DLC. The F-Zero track along with the other new tracks look great. With that said though I would rather have Kirby and Captain Falcon over the Animal Crossing characters since they have been in racing games before.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

The Legend of Zelda and Animal Crossing DLC  Empty Re: The Legend of Zelda and Animal Crossing DLC

Post by Winters Thief Zero Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:35 pm

WHAT?!?!?!?!?! WHAT IS THIS? Nintendo franchises in Mario Kart? Zelda and Animal Crossing, what. I just never expected this, I'm incredibly shocked right now. I mean I expected DLC, but this is AMAZING. I CANNOT WAIT ANY LONGER FOR THIS. Damn, I'm so excited. And November for the Zelda stuff, awesome.
    TheFrozenFairy
    TheFrozenFairy

Custom Title : Frigid Fairy of the Forest

User Points : 993

The Legend of Zelda and Animal Crossing DLC  Empty Re: The Legend of Zelda and Animal Crossing DLC

Post by TheFrozenFairy Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:54 pm

Wait... The Legend of Zelda in Mario Kart!? Oh, my I can't believe this, it's so awesome and unexpected, I love it! Now I'm really excited for this, I'm definitely using Link.
    Saint Fluffy~
    Saint Fluffy~
    Donkey Kong
    Donkey Kong

Custom Title : One & Only
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

Favorite Nintendo Game? : Mario Kart 8

Post by Saint Fluffy~ Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:39 pm

I actually predicted this would happen, lol.
    Anyways, I'm fine with this OTHER than the lack of Kirby (Rosalina's Smash trailer made me want Kirby in the game SO BAD).
    Also, having eight colors of Shy Guy is going to be AMAZING~!
    I'm definitely buying this.
    Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Custom Title : The Luma
    User Points : 2765

Post by Luma Party Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:06 pm

^
    Fluffy's right.

I WANT MY KIRBY!

Also, I find this a bit shabby.
    Three non-Mario characters, two Costumes and Dry Bowser...

At least good ol' Wario's Gold Mine will be back.

Last edited by Luma Party on Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Marowak
    Marowak
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Custom Title : Mari
    User Points : 2927
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Legend of Metroid Emblem Bros Story X/Y

Post by Marowak Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:10 pm

I wonder if/how many more DLC packs will come out, but for these it's kinda nice to get some other Nintendo characters, was there ever a price announcement for these?
    Kinopio
    Kinopio
    Fox McCloud
    Fox McCloud

Custom Title : "Time for adventure!~"

User Points : 680
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Super Mario Bros. 2 (USA)

Post by Kinopio Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:27 pm

Needs more Flying Squirrel/Cat Toad

Though on the contrary, I'm very pumped for this! Link in MARIO KART?!! That's a Nintendo fan's dream come true! :0 Also Villager and Isabelle?! Dang, Nintendo is going all out on this! 

The Legend of Zelda and Animal Crossing DLC  Original

"Welcome to Nintendo Kart!"
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:29 pm

@Fluffy
    I called you being more interested in the multicolored Shy Guys than anything else, too. XD

@Luma
    Yeah come one, where's Kirby? He'd be perfect. And also, give me my Metroid and Star Fox tracks Nintendo. Razz

How is it "shabby" though? It's just characters and worlds from the same company who developed the game. (Nintendo) I mean, yeah it's a little weird, but it doesn't make it any less awesome, lol.

@Cubone
    Yep, for the UK it's 7 pounds, which means it's likely to be about $10 for each DLC pack here. VERY cheap, that's a great value, you get 8 tracks, 3 characters, and 4 vehicles for each pack.

@Kinopio
    That's the best! They should add those characters and seriously promote it with that artwork. XD I can't wait either. Nintendo characters in Mario Kart is insane.
    Kinopio
    Kinopio
    Fox McCloud
    Fox McCloud

Post by Kinopio Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:31 pm

By golly Zero, what a fast response! o.o

But yes! So much yes! This is what we fans have wanted for years! Honestly, this is a bigger surprise than the Smash leak in my opinion! :0 Bring it on Nintendo!
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:35 pm

^ It was so fast because you ninja'd me. Fighter XD

I actually wonder if Nintendo put this up just because of the Smash Bros. leak, because a lot of people kind of angry about that. But this has to excite everybody who likes Mario Kart. I was actually skeptical about it when people brought it up before, but then when they just announced this today, I got really excited. Razz
    Kinopio
    Kinopio
    Fox McCloud
    Fox McCloud

Post by Kinopio Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:53 pm

Ah, so that's what happened. XD

Mario Kart is HUGE, so you're probably right Zero. I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo revealed this on purpose during this time. With all that disappointment for Smash, Nintendo made the right move.

Oh boy, who knows what other DLC packs will be arriving soon. xD Nintendo Kart is finally coming to be a reality! It's beautiful - love how another series is adding in other characters from first party Nintendo titles other than Smash Bros..
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:20 pm

Here's the PR email and updates to the website.

PR email wrote:
    wo new downloadable content packs will take the world of Mario Kart 8 in directions the franchise has never seen before, while significantly expanding game-play options. The packs, which launch this fall and in spring of 2015, and are available for advance purchase starting Aug. 27 at $7.99 each (or $11.99 for both), deliver a ton of new content, including first-time crossover characters like Link from The Legend of Zelda franchise and both Isabelle and the Villager from the Animal Crossing series.

In addition to these two new downloadable content packs, a previously announced game update goes live Aug. 27 that adds a variety of new features, including three free Mercedes-Benz cars that players can race: the modern Mercedes-Benz GLA, the 300 SL Roadster from the 1950s and the legendary Silver Arrow of the 1930s. Go to http://ninten.do/6181WR6B to view a video of the in-game karts in action.

“More than 1 million Wii U owners in the United States alone are already enjoying the fun of Mario Kart 8,” said Scott Moffitt, Nintendo of America’s executive vice president of Sales & Marketing. “Mario Kart 8 already includes the largest number of characters, karts and options of any Mario Kart game to date, and these amazing expansion packs give players even more choices.”

Each pack will contain two new cups, each with four courses, which, in total, increases the number of currently available courses by 50 percent. The DLC packs include classic courses like Wario’s Gold Mine from Mario Kart Wii, as well as new courses, some taking place in the worlds of The Legend of Zelda and Animal Crossing. New vehicles will also arrive with each pack, including the Blue Falcon kart representing the F-Zero franchise in the first DLC pack.

Mario Kart 8 owners who purchase both packs starting Aug. 27 will get access to eight new colors of Yoshi and eight new colors of Shy Guy to race with immediately. To purchase the packs in advance, users with a broadband Internet connection can click the new “Shop” icon in the game or visit the Nintendo eShop on Wii U.

The DLC packs are scheduled to include the following:

Pack 1: The Legend of Zelda X Mario Kart 8 (Release Date: November 2014) - $7.99

3 Characters: Tanooki Mario, Cat Peach, Link
    4 Vehicles
    8 Courses
    Pack 2: Animal Crossing X Mario Kart 8 (Release Date: May 2015) - $7.99

3 Characters: Villager, Isabelle, Dry Bowser
    4 Vehicles
    8 Courses
    Pack 1 + Pack 2 Bundle - $11.99

6 Characters: Tanooki Mario, Cat Peach, Link, Villager, Isabelle and Dry Bowser
    8 Vehicles
    16 Courses

As a bonus for purchasing both packs bundled or individually, buyers receive 8 new colors for Yoshi and Shy Guy. Those who advance purchase both packs can begin using the Yoshi and Shy Guy characters immediately.

For more information about Mario Kart 8, visit http://mariokart8.nintendo.com. Remember that Wii U features parental controls that let adults manage the content their children can access. For more information about this and other features, visit http://www.nintendo.com/wiiu.

http://mariokart8.nintendo.com/dlc/

I will buy the packs the next time I get an eShop card and just $12 of you buy both packs at once is a great deal. It also seems like the Yoshi Egg icon was real after all.
    Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Custom Title : The Luma
    User Points : 2765

Post by Luma Party Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:14 am

@Zero.
    Well, I understand non-Mario characters, but those two costumes is plain stupid.
    How would you like to play as Mario and have Tankooki Mario beating you?
    Marowak
    Marowak
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Custom Title : Mari
    User Points : 2927
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Legend of Metroid Emblem Bros Story X/Y

Post by Marowak Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:52 am

And then have Metal Mario beating him and you as well.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 10:50 am