The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Kanto v. Johto

Nessness
    Nessness
    Nessness Ness
    Nessness Ness

Custom Title : Ness + Awesomeness = Nessness
    User Points : 732

Kanto v. Johto - Page 2 Empty Re: Kanto v. Johto

Post by Nessness Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:51 am

Day 5

Which region will win Day 5? (Characters)
    Kanto [ 0 ]
    Johto [ 2 ]
    Tie [ 0 ]

Category 5: Characters

RPGs should have captivating characters that would make you want to play the game further. In this comparison, I will compare each region's character against its other region's counterpart. Let's start.

Professor (Oak v. Elm)
    While Professor Elm was nice, he was not as iconic as Professor Oak. I would even say Elm was the least iconic of all the professors in Pokemon, sadly. It is pretty much all explained when Prof. Oak has a theme for his lab and theme for himself, while Prof. Elm only has a theme for his lab. Prof. Oak wins this one, so Kanto wins this part.

Rival (Blue v. Silver)
    I like both of these rivals. Silver slightly gains more points for this, since while Blue can be annoying sometimes, Silver actually showed a sign of understanding how to treat his Pokemon well later. His attitute was changed from being rude and ill-mannered to just being pretty serious. I did like the twist that Blue became a champion later on, but still, Silver from Johto wins this part.

Gym Leaders (Brock & 7 others v. Falkner & 7 others)
    While the leaders in Kanto were a bit more iconic, I think the leaders in Johto had better personalities. I liked how you could get to meet them sometimes out of the gym. Clair had a dark attitute, and she didn't like to lose. Whitney didn't like to lose either, she even cried when you defeated her. You could see Jasmine's caring personality where she tries to take care of the sick Ampharos. None of the Kanto leaders had this kind of specialness, sadly. Johto wins this part.

Main Character (Red/Leaf v. Gold/Kris/Lyra)
    While I liked how Red becomes a final boss at the end of Gold/Silver/Crystal, that's pretty much only because Gold/Silver/Crystal takes 3 years after Red/Blue/Yellow. It is a matter of taste, so this one is a tie. I do like Kris more than Lyra though, but they are in the same region.

Most of the NPCs
    Kanto had the memorable Copycat who could mimic you. Daisy was also a kind girl. Sadly, that's about it. Johto had a lot more, like Eusine (Sure he lives in Celadon City, but you see him at Johto a lot more), The Kimono Girls, Buena the password girl, and your mom who would even save up your money for you. Johto wins this one.

So, let's tally up the scores. Kanto won the Professor Part, Main Characters was a draw, and Johto won other 3. Johto wins this one again.

Kanto 1:4 Johto
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:40 am

I honestly don't remember that much of what happened in either game, so my random guess is that Kanto will win the events in-game. I guess Johto has pretty much won this now. Razz
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:02 am

I think Kanto will win this since there where more events but, Johto did have some strong ones so it's hard to say.
    Nessness
    Nessness
    Nessness Ness
    Nessness Ness

Custom Title : Ness + Awesomeness = Nessness
    User Points : 732

Post by Nessness Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:30 am

Final Day

Which region will win the Final Day? (Events in-game)
    Kanto [ 2 ]
    Johto [ 2 ]
    Tie [ 0 ]

Final Category: Events in-game

There should be interesting events on these regions enough to captivate me. Which region had better events? We will find it out today.

Kanto had memorable events, like Team Rocket invading Silph Co, Finding out Marowak in Pokemon Tower, Boarding the S. S. Anne, Finding out Bill turned into a Clefairy, and much more. But Johto had its share of nice events too, like Stopping the Poor Slowpokes' tails getting cut, Team Rocket invading the Radio Tower, Team Rocket trying to mess up with Gyarados, Meeting the Kimono Girls, and getting to help the sick Ampharos.

This category is hard to judge, because most of these events were pretty handled well. They were enough to captivate my attention, but they didn't drag on too long. While Kanto had some more events, Johto had some more detailed events. Since those events are all pretty nice, this category is a tie. No region gets points this time.

Final Score
    Kanto 1:4 Johto

VICTOR: JOHTO

While Kanto was a great region to start with Pokemon, Johto improved on every element on it and made it a great area to explore. Sure, some of you might say that Heartgold/Soulsilver had a lot more space to cover things than Firered/Leafgreen, so Johto had an unfair advantage. Sadly, Johto would still win if I compared Gold/Silver/Crystal with Firered/Leafgreen. But you know what the best thing was? It was getting to explore both of these regions on Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal. Having both a memory lane and a fresh new region was the best thing ever.

Talk Over.

NEXT
    Let's rank all of the 2D Zelda games (excluding Link Between Worlds) from the worst to the best. It would be a nice experience.

NEXT TOPIC: Ranking the 2D Zelda Games

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content