The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
queenzelda
Gameguy1996
Winters Thief Zero
7 posters

QoL

Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

QoL Empty QoL

Post by Winters Thief Zero Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:00 pm

Nintendo has finally revealed information regarding the QoL platform, which will be releasing in 2016. It will be "non-wearable, non-contact, non-operating, non-waiting, and have non-installation efforts." It will measure and analyze your sleep and tiredness by watching you sleep, and send data to a cloud.

QoL B1KUVnhCUAAQiJ2

This actually seems pretty interesting...maybe even something I'd buy to be honest. Of course, more info would be needed, but it seems cool. I'm terrible with sleeping. Razz
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

QoL Empty Re: QoL

Post by Gameguy1996 Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:50 am

Here's even more info.

Go Nintendo wrote:- uses sensors and the cloud to monitor people's lifestyles
    - device can be placed next to bed to monitor sleeping habits
    - may have a subsciprtion
    - comes from Nintendo's new health care division
    - due out by the end of March 2016
    - "five 'non' sensing" features: non-wearable, non-contact, non-operating, non-waiting and non-installation.
    - uses radio waves
    - reads a user's movement, heart rate, respiration and fatigue
    - sends that data to servers to be analyzed
    - aims to improve health and quality of life through diet and exercise
    "Defining a new entertainment business that seeks to improve (quality of life) creates various possibilities for the future such as 'learning' and 'lifestyle,' but it is our intention to take 'health' as our first step," Iwata said at the time. "We wish to achieve an integrated hardware-software platform business that, instead of providing mobile or wearable features, will be characterized by a new area of what we like to call 'non-wearable' technology.

We will be considering themes that we have not incorporated to games for our existing platforms" with the aim to create a new market.

What is generally good for health requires some kind of effort to be made by the individual. This is where our strength as an entertainment company to keep our consumers engaged and entertained comes into play, assisted by the non-wearable feature, which is the biggest differentiator of this new business field, as well as user experiences that integrate into people's daily lives, all of which help us overcome this difficulty. If we do indeed succeed in doing so, we will be able to provide feedback to our consumers on a continual basis, and our approach will be to redefine the notion of health-consciousness, and eventually increase the fit population.

While we feel that this is going to take two to three years after its launch, we expect the QOL-improving platform to provide us with new themes which we can then turn into games that operate on our future video game platforms. Once we have established such a cycle, we will see continuous positive interactions between the two platforms that enable us to make unique propositions.

We only start something new if we think we will be able to create a big market, but as I'm not able to discuss pricing plans and other details today I don't think there's much point in giving a figure for our projected scale. By using our know-how in gaming... to analyze sleep and fatigue, we can create something fun." - Satoru Iwata
    link, link

I might also look into this since I also have trouble sleeping.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Post by queenzelda Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:02 am

Wow, this would be great to use for sleep studies & the like (impo).
    Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Custom Title : The Luma
    User Points : 2765

Post by Luma Party Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:29 am

Not anything that I'm interested in.
    I see where they're going though.
    It's for the older age group who can't sleep.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:49 pm

^ And the younger age group that also can't sleep. Razz XD There's those people too you know.
    Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Custom Title : The Luma
    User Points : 2765

Post by Luma Party Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:05 pm

^Yeah but that is choice.
    There are people with sleep disorder and physical pressure.
    When you're young, if you sleep at the right time you should be fine
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:15 pm

^ I'd consider myself young, but I do still often have trouble sleeping. Really it just depends on who you are. I doubt I have any kind of sleep disorder like you say, but there are a lot of people who have trouble sleeping, no matter their age.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:44 am

Here's some seemingly QoL related patents and details:

QoL Patent_app_13zsmo
    This information processing system comprises a portable terminal. The portable terminal detects sensor information for assessing a user's emotions. It would be permissible, as an example, for the sensor information to be sound information which is detected by a microphone, or image information which is captured by a camera. The information processing system assesses the user's emotions on the basis of the sensor information. The portable terminal detects the sensor information in a period when the said portable terminal is in a standby state. As an example, the said standby state is a state wherein a display of the portable terminal is off.

QoL Patent_app_2uts4a
    This display system is provided with a sensor, a projector, and a control means. The sensor detects user information for calculating a state relating to sleep of a user. The user information is, for instance, biological information, such as pulse rate. The projector displays, by means of projection, a predetermined image. For instance, the projector displays, by means of projection, an image on a ceiling by projecting the image upward. The control means controls the projector corresponding to the sleep-related state calculated on the basis of the user information.

QoL Patent_app_66rs1f
    A terminal system acquires physiological information from a user and transmits transmission information to a server system, said transmission information including the physiological information and/or health information relating to the health or the body of the user, obtained from said physiological information. The server system associates the transmission information received from each terminal system, and/or information obtained from said transmission information, with the user, and stores these as stored information. The server system also stores conditions relating to the generation of provided information, to be provided to the user in order to improve metrics obtained from the stored information, or metrics included in the stored information. The provided information is generated on the basis of the stored information and the conditions, and is transmitted to the user's terminal. The server system performs an analysis of transmission information acquired after the provided information has been provided, for a plurality of users that have received the provided information, and updates the conditions on the basis of the analysis results

Honestly I was never really interested in QoL before, but these patents do seem intriguing. I'm guessing we'll learn more about it in October.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Post by queenzelda Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:32 pm

And then everything is connected to your (future) Wiifit game; while there you go & check on your progress of how well you may: have or have not been sleeping. To then see what your waking heart beat was & maybe how to go about better improving your over all health.

(^This is all just a guess, it wouldn't surprise me to find the newer Wiifit game released to the NX could interact with the QoL stuff.)
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:47 pm

^ That would be interesting, but I'd assume it'd be tied to the QoL itself or a mobile device rather than NX. But that's just my thoughts. :p I do think they'll have some sort of game or app to monitor it though like Wii Fit.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:24 pm

It seems like it coming through nice and hope Nintendo does a full reveal toward the end of the year.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:41 pm

So QoL was supposed to be revealed this year, do you guys still think that's the case? We're very much nearing the end of the year.

Honestly it seem like they're more focused on their game division, I think this may have been delayed.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:15 am

If it does not get brought up in the upcoming in investor meeting I'm sure it's delayed for the time being.
    Yoshiman222
    Yoshiman222
    Samus Aran
    Samus Aran

User Points : 307

Post by Yoshiman222 Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:11 am

I... might honestly need this tbh.
    It probably could really help with my sleeping issues.

And hopefully other issues. Amazing how technology has traveled though, tbh.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:36 am