The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Mario Kart 8 DLC Pack 2 Track Predictions

Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Mario Kart 8 DLC Pack 2 Track Predictions Empty Mario Kart 8 DLC Pack 2 Track Predictions

Post by Winters Thief Zero Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:46 pm

I know the first pack still hasn't even released yet, but I wanted to predict my tracks for pack 2 before they start revealing them. I had some ideas.

Confirmed:

Animal Crossing: New Leaf Track
    Forest Track (no name? It's a Mario-based track though)

Predictions:

Pikmin Track - Nintendo seems to be advertising Pikmin a lot lately, what better way to do it than include a DLC track completely based around the game?

Star Fox Track - Also advertising, it could be based off of Star Fox for Wii U, and it would just be cool to have a track based off of Star Fox. Although, I'm not quite sure how it would even work. It would likely be in space though. If there's no Star Fox track, a Metroid one would be nice to see instead.

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze Track - I'm being specific just because it's the most recent Donkey Kong game, and is also on Wii U. I think its likely we'll be getting a new DK track in the next DLC pack.

Wii Toad's Factory - This is wishful thinking with there already being a Wii retro track in the first pack, but I really love Toad's Factory, and it would be great to see an HD remaster with anti-gravity segments.

DS Waluigi Pinball - Don't tell me you don't want this track again! Nintendo has already reused retro tracks in the first DLC pack, including one that was reused in MK7 just a few years ago. I think it would look AMAZING in HD and could have some anti-gravity segments added.

N64 Choco Mountain - I have a feeling we're in for yet another N64 track. This would probably be the perfect track, and is one of my favorites from Mario Kart 64.

So what do you think of my predictions?
    Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Custom Title : The Luma
    User Points : 2765

Mario Kart 8 DLC Pack 2 Track Predictions Empty Re: Mario Kart 8 DLC Pack 2 Track Predictions

Post by Luma Party Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:50 pm

You're lacking a true Mario track.
    I don't see a Pikmin track personally.
    Star Fox maybe, but I think they're advertising non-Mario stuff in this game way too much.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Mario Kart 8 DLC Pack 2 Track Predictions Empty Re: Mario Kart 8 DLC Pack 2 Track Predictions

Post by Gameguy1996 Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:38 pm

I guess a Pikmin track could work. I think a Kirby track might be more likely since it fits into Mario's world more. a new Mario track seems more likely since that would likely be saved for a Kong pack. I don't think Wii will get 2 retro tracks in the DLC, Something more along lines of Figure 8 Circuit seems likely. I guess though maybe GBA Rainbow Road over Choco Mountain ^$ so that there's an even 4 Rainbow Roads.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Post by Winters Thief Zero Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:10 pm

@Luma
    The forest track that's already confirmed is a "true Mario" track, plus the retro tracks which obviously can't be from other franchises. Isn't that good enough? I mean, Donkey Kong is already really close to Mario, so really the only non-Mario tracks I have here are the confirmed AC track, and Pikmin and Star Fox. We got 3 from other franchises in the first pack, so I think it only makes sense. I think the whole point of these DLC packs is to promote other franchises and to be cool crossovers. The main game is just Mario Kart, so to have a couple characters and a couple tracks as DLC from other franchises is just fine to me...

@Gameguy
    I swear, if they add a fourth Rainbow Road...as if 3 isn't already bad enough. Seriously, that's just what I'd like to call "being lazy." Razz You're probably right about Wii not getting 2 retro tracks, but I really want Wii Toad's Factory.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 11:51 pm