The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

[RUMOR] Metroid 3DS was in the works before being cancelled

Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

metroid - [RUMOR] Metroid 3DS was in the works before being cancelled Empty [RUMOR] Metroid 3DS was in the works before being cancelled

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:33 pm

Supposedly, Unseen64, a website which posts about beta content in games or games that were cancelled altogether, has info that will be released soon on an "unreleased 3DS Metroid" prototype. This would mean a 3DS Metroid game was previously in development, but of course cancelled. :/ Source

I'm hoping that there will still be a new Metroid release on 3DS in the near future. It just wouldn't seem to make much sense for there to not be at least a 2D Metroid on it. As great as a full HD, 3D Metroid game would be on Wii U, it would be nice to see a separate game for 3DS too. Although this makes me less hopeful. Could be that this was at the beginning of the 3DS' lifespan, and maybe they started development on a completely different Metroid game for 3DS?
    King Atem
    King Atem
    Ness
    Ness

Custom Title : PlayStation King

User Points : 1568
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Legend of Zelda, Mario 'n Pokemon.

metroid - [RUMOR] Metroid 3DS was in the works before being cancelled Empty Re: [RUMOR] Metroid 3DS was in the works before being cancelled

Post by King Atem Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:52 pm

WHAT a 3DS Metroid game was canceled?! :O I can't believe it! Metorid is Nintendo's biggest seller! Wtf were they thinking!? u~u;
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

metroid - [RUMOR] Metroid 3DS was in the works before being cancelled Empty Re: [RUMOR] Metroid 3DS was in the works before being cancelled

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:51 pm

^ As far as I can tell it's one of their lower selling franchises, so I wouldn't really say that. XD Maybe it wasn't up to their quality standards? Either that or they couldn't find anything creative to do with it. Nintendo generally doesn't develop new games unless they are of a certain quality or are creative. (with some exceptions of course Razz But for the most part) So it was probably something like that I'd guess. It's a bummer though, I still think we'll get a Wii U Metroid game not too long from now.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:13 am

It could just be more info on the Metroid project by Next Level games. That unused art for Mario Strikers was fake so don't take what they say 100%.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Post by queenzelda Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:27 am

Yea, I agree with Gameguy. Besides a lot of what was said is said to be a rumor. I'd take a rumor with a grain of salt. I only take Nintendo at their word & only then do I half believe them. XD

I would love to see another hand held Metroid game but I'd love to see a GBA like version released for the 3DS: but I kind of doubt it'll happen at this juncture. xp Still it could happen; you never know. :3
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:42 am

Here's the details Unseen64 gave for this supposedly cancelled Metroid 3DS title from 2012 (there's no real proof yet so I'll leave this as a rumor)

- 2.5D side-scrolling entry
    - worked on by “a pretty popular western developer"
    - 30-second prototype video surface
    - this showed Samus running through a series of corridors until finally getting into a boss fight
    - the boss closely resembled Kraid
    - slightly different art style than usual
    - Samus was depicted as more thin and athletic
    - Nintendo shot down the pitch
    - Nintendo didn't want to take the series in a 2.5D direction
    - this was partially due to the mixed response to Metroid: Other M

I hope that last part isn't true, a new sidescrolling 2D Metroid game would be perfect. I'd love to see a Metroid Fusion sequel, or even one to Super Metroid that, you know...is better than the actual one. Razz Maybe we'll still see a Metroid game on 3DS in the future though, maybe New 3DS?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 2:17 am