The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[RUMOR] Mario Movie in the Works

Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

[RUMOR] Mario Movie in the Works Empty [RUMOR] Mario Movie in the Works

Post by Winters Thief Zero Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:23 pm

I know I keep posting a lot of rumors lately, but this one is certainly interesting. Apparently, a new Mario film is in production, as is seemingly leaked from emails with Sony:

- Sony Pictures and Nintendo may have closed a deal for an animated Mario Bros. feature film
    - info comes from leaked emails at Sony

“I am the proud father of mario the animated film [sic].” - producer Avi Arad

- Arad has pics of him with Shigeru Miyamoto and Satoru Iwata
    - Genndy Tartakovsky (Dexter’s Laboratory, Samurai Jack, and Star Wars: Clone Wars) may be involved
    - Its soooo perfect for him,” says Sony studio chief Amy Pascal
    - Tartakovsky's rep has said he is not involved
    - Arad has been looking to secure the rights for a Mario Bros. movie for quite some time

Source

This is very interesting. But honestly, I think if there is going to be a Mario movie, Sony Pictures being involved only makes sense. Yeah, they're rivals with Nintendo in their video game sub-company, but this is completely different. I'm worried it wouldn't turn out good, AT ALL. I mean, there's not much you can do with Mario. Honestly, if a movie were to be made out of Nintendo's IP, I'd much rather see a Legend of Zelda film, or even Fire Emblem or Metroid.

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 3:50 pm