The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Wii U Has Best Selling Week in US Since Launch

Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Wii U Has Best Selling Week in US Since Launch Empty Wii U Has Best Selling Week in US Since Launch

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:30 pm

Just to note again, this is for the US only, and not worldwide:

Wii U has had it's best-selling week EVER since it's launch week in November 2012 in the US! Wii U hasn't been selling as well as most of Nintendo's previous consoles, so this is a huge achievement. It sold around 400,000 units in it's first week here, so I'm guessing it's slightly less for Black Friday week. Maybe 375k? Whatever it's sales were, it must've sold pretty well though!
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Wii U Has Best Selling Week in US Since Launch Empty Re: Wii U Has Best Selling Week in US Since Launch

Post by Gameguy1996 Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:05 am

I'm That's great news and since The Amiibo also did great Nintendo will likely be in the green again soon.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Wii U Has Best Selling Week in US Since Launch Empty Re: Wii U Has Best Selling Week in US Since Launch

Post by queenzelda Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:28 am

I can believe it. I knew that the Wii U would sell well once the Smash Bro's game released for it; it always has sold well when ever a Smash title releases for it & probably always will. :p
    Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Custom Title : The Luma
    User Points : 2765

Post by Luma Party Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:20 pm

This is why.
    1. It's cheaper
    2. People who avoid Black Friday, buy their Christmas presents now.
    3. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
    4. Captain Toad Treasure Tracker and NES Remix Pack just released (minor).
    5. Amiibo
    6. More demand for it now with better games.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Post by Winters Thief Zero Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:41 pm

^ 7. Splatoon releases in Q2 next year, so people need to get their Wii U's ready. Razz XD

As much as I wish that were true, it probably isn't. I do agree with everything you said, although I highly doubt NES Remix Pack would affect sales at all. Even Bayonetta 2, which had kind of mediocre sales, probably helped a lot more than the NES Remix bundle. I just have no idea why that would be a reason to buy a Wii U, honestly, they look fun, but who would buy a Wii U for $300 just to play the NES Remix games?

Usually after a console's first or second year is the best time to buy it in my opinion. When I buy new consoles, I do generally get them at or near launch just because I like to have them as soon as possible, but for casual players or those who weren't interested at first, the price may be a bit lower, and there will be a lot more games available. The same applys with the Wii U, so of course that probably has something to do with it. (or those parents who didn't know what it was at first finally now do and have decided to purchase it for their kids Razz)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 9:27 am