The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
queenzelda
Luma Party
Winters Thief Zero
7 posters

[RUMOR] NX Pilot Production to Begin in October for 2016 Release

Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

[RUMOR] NX Pilot Production to Begin in October for 2016 Release Empty [RUMOR] NX Pilot Production to Begin in October for 2016 Release

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:29 am

According to this rumor, NX will begin pilot production in October of this year, to have most units finished for launch by June 2016, for a planned 2016 launch. They also plan to sell 20 million units in it's first year, 10 times the amount of Wii U units sold this year, hence the production starting now.

According to an article from DigiTimes, Nintendo is set to launch their next console, currently codenamed Nintendo NX, in July of next year. The article states that the console will be manufactured by Foxconn Electronics, while Pegatron Technology is trying to "snatch" some of the orders.

These orders, according to the article, are set to be complete by February or March of next year, with production starting in May/June for a July release. They look to ship 20 million units in the first year, a stark contrast to the 2 million the Wii U has shipped this year.

Of course, this is meant to be taken as a rumor, but it seems possible at the very least we'll know more about NX in the next year.

Uh...I still don't see this happening. I mean, 2016 just seems way too soon for this. Every time I see another rumor relating to NX releasing next year, I just assume it's likely fake. I guess you never know but I don't think they could release it that soon.

[RUMOR] NX Pilot Production to Begin in October for 2016 Release Empty Re: [RUMOR] NX Pilot Production to Begin in October for 2016 Release

Post by Guest Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:06 pm

Um...wow... That does seem too soon.

But if Nintendo was desperate, they certainly would "rush" it, so to speak. :/

We still don't know much about this system, but I still have the belief Nintendo wants to get this out as soon as possible because of the crummy Wii U sales. So, that rumor doesn't seem TOO far-fetched.
    Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Custom Title : The Luma
    User Points : 2765

[RUMOR] NX Pilot Production to Begin in October for 2016 Release Empty Re: [RUMOR] NX Pilot Production to Begin in October for 2016 Release

Post by Luma Party Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:25 pm

The Wii U won't even be 4 years old then.
    This better be false.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Post by queenzelda Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:30 pm

This isn't as very realistic rumor; development of a new console takes longer then a few month's at the very least a year. So I doubt this rumor is true.
    Etna
    Etna
    Waddle Dee
    Waddle Dee

Custom Title : Wild Cat
    Internet Browser : Opera

User Points : 87

Post by Etna Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:58 pm

I don't believe it. The NX won't take that short a time to make.. Unless Nintendo exports it from china or something. XD
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:08 pm

I agree with all of you because there's no way in hell they'd be able to finish not only a new console, but one with new architecture, a completely new concept, AND one they're trying to get tons of support for at launch, both first and third party, in 2 years less than the usual console cycle. I mean it just can't happen.
    TheFrozenFairy
    TheFrozenFairy

Custom Title : Frigid Fairy of the Forest

User Points : 993

Post by TheFrozenFairy Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:18 pm

I agree as well. Honestly the 2016 launch rumors are somewhat ridiculous now. I can see a very slim chance of it happening or maybe in a alternate timeline but it would probably be way too similar to the Wii U. At least I hope they aren't real as that would mean the Wii U would have a much shorter lifespan.

Don't they have other things in development as well like the QOL? Things like that could make sure we won't see the NX for awhile.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:27 pm

I think the end of 2016 might happen now since the Wii U support is hardly there anymore and there's a rumor just about every day now. I think the 20 million units in one year won't happen though and by third party games the insider must mean watered down ports.
    King Atem
    King Atem
    Ness
    Ness

Custom Title : PlayStation King

User Points : 1568
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Legend of Zelda, Mario 'n Pokemon.

Post by King Atem Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:59 am

Rumor huh? Can't wait for Nintendo to squish it: per usual. xD

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 1:29 am