The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Path of Conquest -Signups-

Yoshiman222
    Yoshiman222
    Samus Aran
    Samus Aran

User Points : 307

Path of Conquest -Signups- Empty Path of Conquest -Signups-

Post by Yoshiman222 Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:57 am

Welcome to Path of Conquest, a Turn-Based Strategy game influenced by Nintendo and Intelligent System's Fire Emblem and Advance Wars games.
    In this game, you are the commander of your own army, and your rival's army has come to meet yours in battle. It is your job to make sure that the objective given to you is completed before your opponent completes theirs first.

If you love games like Fire Emblem or Advance Wars, you'll definitely be interested in this activity.
    Even if you don't know what a Fire Emblem or Advance Wars game or any Turn-Based Strategy game plays like, however, all the rules for this game will be listed below (you'll need to look through them if you want to know how to play as well).
    I still suggest you give it a chance if you like strategies anyhow.

Main Rules:

List of Units and Items:

List of Structures:

Again, for now, that's all I'm going to show at the moment. Sign-ups are open for all who wish to join, and do note that this is a 2-Player Activity, meaning when you join, you even request to play against anyone else you wish. So... yeah. Hope you have fun if you decide to sign up!

Final notes - if it looks complicated - feel free to ask any questions you might have - it's not all that complicated once you get the hang of it.
    When signing up, you may also send me a PM with the list on which units, items, and structures you wish to have within your army as well. Do note for these games, however, your Army Limit is 45.

(If someone can help with the image sizes that would be nice, though there really should be a side-scrolling option if images are too big Razz)
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Path of Conquest -Signups- Empty Re: Path of Conquest -Signups-

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:12 am

I'd join but I'll wait to see how many other members want to first. I don't want to play if anyone else wants to more than I do. ^^

Sounds interesting though, very much like a forum version of Advance Wars. Although it's been awhile since I've played any turn based strategy game so I'll probably lose. Razz
    The Shattered Legacy
    The Shattered Legacy
    Samus Aran
    Samus Aran

Custom Title : Keeper of Tasseled Lilies
    User Points : 244

Post by The Shattered Legacy Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:01 am

As per usual, registering

Let's see how structures shape the meta
    Yoshiman222
    Yoshiman222
    Samus Aran
    Samus Aran

Post by Yoshiman222 Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:51 pm

Winters Thief Zero wrote:I'd join but I'll wait to see how many other members want to first. I don't want to play if anyone else wants to more than I do. ^^

Sounds interesting though, very much like a forum version of Advance Wars. Although it's been awhile since I've played any turn based strategy game so I'll probably lose. Razz
    There's no limit to the number of players who want to play - I can just create multiple topics if needed. It's just that for each game can only have 2 players, but if lots wana play I can set up a bunch of games. Razz
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:52 pm

Ah okay. Well in that case, I'll join...but to whoever I end up playing with, just know I'll be pretty rusty. (or very rusty lol)
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:35 pm

I will sign up as an extra unit for now.
    TheFrozenFairy
    TheFrozenFairy

Custom Title : Frigid Fairy of the Forest

User Points : 993

Post by TheFrozenFairy Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:23 pm

Sign me up. I love games like Fire Emblem. The structures sound interesting.
    Yoshiman222
    Yoshiman222
    Samus Aran
    Samus Aran

Post by Yoshiman222 Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:51 pm

Okay, so we have 4 people already joined! That's great!
    However, I don't wana just start pairing people right now, but as of the moment since Zero and Gameguy seem a bit reluctant to play (mostly seeming to be fine as extras...? IDK why), for now the first game here will be set up with SirFrozenFairy vs the Derlirious Emporor (or Sir vs TSL but I love how your current names work for this Razz).

Anyhow if you two are fine with this, then we can continue on with setting the game up!

Below I have a list of battle objectives and maps. The list will expand as I work on it more but for now it's a decent-size I'd think. You may both choose which ones you want, and I'll pick randomly out of both your options.
    Battle Objectives:
    Battle Maps:

Oh, and if you two want to, Zero and Gameguy, you can either wait or fight each other if you wish. Razz

You can also send me a message detailing the army you wish to use at any time also.

Last edited by Yoshiman222 on Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:22 am; edited 1 time in total
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:32 pm

I'm fine going up against Gameguy, but I'd prefer waiting just a little while longer, I'm busy tomorrow and maybe Wednesday too. If somebody else joins and you pair me up with somebody else that's fine too, either way works.
    The Shattered Legacy
    The Shattered Legacy
    Samus Aran
    Samus Aran

Post by The Shattered Legacy Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:37 pm

Commander Conquest Mage's Spire
    TheFrozenFairy
    TheFrozenFairy

Custom Title : Frigid Fairy of the Forest

User Points : 993

Post by TheFrozenFairy Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:15 pm

I'm fine with that. I'd like to request Commander Conquest as the objective and Castle Halls as the map.
    Yoshiman222
    Yoshiman222
    Samus Aran
    Samus Aran

Post by Yoshiman222 Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:24 pm

Alright, Commander Conquest it is!
    Prepare yourselves, as you'll be joining the battle alongside your allies. If you die, then it's gameover, so watch out!

As for which board you'll play on...

Spoiler:

Now before I make the game topic I'll need both your armies. Please send them in via a PM or something as soon as possible so I can setup the match! You can change it anytime before setup begins too.
    Yoshiman222
    Yoshiman222
    Samus Aran
    Samus Aran

Post by Yoshiman222 Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:14 am

First game has started woo!
    Next game will start to be set up once zero gets his life in order (or whatever it is). Razz

And a 3rd game might come into existence if others wana play. Razz
    The Shattered Legacy
    The Shattered Legacy
    Samus Aran
    Samus Aran

Post by The Shattered Legacy Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:13 am

"TSL, good timing. You have a moment?" Path of Conquest -Signups- KzzblYM
    Path of Conquest -Signups- 6i2o4b0 "Oh, hello Robin, fancy seeing you here. Also, I thought my name was Marth..."
    "I'm Yoshiman, get it right!" Path of Conquest -Signups- YrVsueF
    "Ahem. I'm fixing a tactical oversight. Please tell Lords Zero and Gameguy that their war will begin soon." Path of Conquest -Signups- I7Oa0ir
    Path of Conquest -Signups- 9Sdsepz "Alright. Although I'm in the middle of a war myself, I'll get on to it as soon as I can."
    "Thank you. I'll pay you back later." - disappears- Path of Conquest -Signups- L0a55sW
    Path of Conquest -Signups- Mnm2nGv "Wait, Ro- I mean, Yo-!"
    Path of Conquest -Signups- LEJjIeL "...ugh, too late. Guess I'll have to make this up as I go."

Path of Conquest -Signups- T5qU5Ai I hereby declare, on behalf of Yoshiman, that the second Path of Conquest game will be between:
    Lord Zero
    and
    Lord Gameguy

We shall proceed with setting up this game, but could the players please confirm they are happy with this arrangement?

The first order of business is to decide on your army's Units and Structures. Please ensure your army complies with the Army Value limit of 45. Please send your army composition to Yoshiman and NOT me. Remember, I am engaged in a war at present; sending me your strategy won't help you, and it won't be of much use to me... yet.

The list of battle objectives and maps is as follows. Both players are at liberty to choose their desired objective and map choice, but please note that Grandmaster Yoshiman will select an objective and a map at random from your preferences. Your preferences can be made public, and are in fact encouraged to be so.

Battle Objectives:

Battle Maps:

Path of Conquest -Signups- 9Sdsepz "Alright, that's all sorted. Back to my battle against Sir Fairy."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 7:08 am