The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Mew Trick

Nino
    Nino
    Donkey Kong
    Donkey Kong

Custom Title : Do my best!
    User Points : 1420
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Pokemon Ultra Sun

Mew Trick Empty Mew Trick

Post by Nino Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:03 pm

So there is a way to get Mew without an event (at least in the original Game Boy copies), however there are certain conditions in order to get it.

1. The trainer on the grass near the Nugget Bridge on Route 24 must not be fought.
    2. The trainer on Route 25 with a Level 17 Slowpoke must not be fought.

Now to get Mew as early as possible:

1. Catch an Abra (preferably at Route 5) and add it to your party. (Make sure your last Pokemon Center visited was Cerulean City's, and you have plenty of Poke Balls)
    2. Go to Route 24, go up to the top of the river and walk left until you can walk down. Make sure to hold down and Start at approximately the same time to move down and immediately pause the game while in the Trainer's line of sight. Use Abra's Teleport to warp to Cerulean City (the trainer should notice you before you teleport), go up to Route 25, and hug the upper wall when battling the Slowpoke trainer so he walks up to you.
    3. Defeat the trainer, then walk left back to Route 24 without battling any other trainers then the pause menu should pop up automatically. Exit out of the pause menu and a battle with a Level 7 Mew should occur. (You can lower the level by using Growl on the Slowpoke a total of 6 times to reduce the level of the Mew, however if Growl is used 6 times the Mew would be Level 1, then the Mew would auto-level to Level 100 while only knowing Pound.)

I hope this trick is kept in the VC release, I'd like to have a Mew on my team.
    Yoshiman222
    Yoshiman222
    Samus Aran
    Samus Aran

User Points : 307

Mew Trick Empty Re: Mew Trick

Post by Yoshiman222 Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:44 am

Ummmm...
    UHHHHHH

*casually hides his glitched Mew in his Yellow game to the side. Razz

But anyways - seeing as this is a VC release, I don't see why they'd remove any of the glitches. Razz
    TheFrozenFairy
    TheFrozenFairy

Custom Title : Frigid Fairy of the Forest
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 993

Post by TheFrozenFairy Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:02 pm

I have known about this for a long time now. I always like reading about and watching videos of glitches. Some of them are just fascinating like this Mew trick. Such an odd way to perform it and I'm glad there is some way to get Mew. I never attempted it myself but I am pretty sure it's not destructive like Missingno is.

I'm might actually try it for once when these games come out on VC.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 10:41 am