The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
Bossblitz88
queenzelda
Gameguy1996
Bowser498
Kyng
Marowak
Winters Thief Zero
11 posters

Do you think age matters?

Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Do you think age matters? Empty Do you think age matters?

Post by Winters Thief Zero Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:04 pm

Whether it's friendships, relationships, etc. do you think that somebody's age really matters?

I personally don't at all, and it's why I don't choose to give away my age on here. A lot of people judge based simply on age alone and not other factors before deciding to become friends with someone (or maybe even more than friends) I mean, in some cases it can certainly be a little weird, I don't think a 30 year old should be dating a 15 year old. :p But for the most part I don't think it should matter. Unfortunately society tends to think so...
    Marowak
    Marowak
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Custom Title : Mari
    User Points : 2927
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Legend of Metroid Emblem Bros Story X/Y

Do you think age matters? Empty Re: Do you think age matters?

Post by Marowak Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:52 pm

For the most part no, you already put the relationship thing and that's really m only thing, age difference generally doesn't matter but I mean we don't need pedos all over the place.
    Kyng
    Kyng
    Ness
    Ness

Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 1295

Post by Kyng Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:37 pm

Well, I think being similar in age makes it easier to get along with people, simply because people of similar ages will have grown up with the same movies, TV shows, games, technology, social trends etc., so they'll tend to have more in common with one another. However, it's by no means necessary: I get on well with some people way outside my age group.
    Bowser498
    Bowser498
    Pikachu
    Pikachu

Custom Title : Bowser498: Super Mario (Modern) Video Game Expert/Pro
    Internet Browser : Internet Explorer

User Points : 36
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Super Mario Maker and Splatoon!

Post by Bowser498 Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:00 pm

Depends, like how you have to be 18 to buy the lottery, 21 to vote, etc.
    Otherwise, it doesn't really matter, but I like being at a young age. Smile
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:28 pm

It's really just a number. On the other hand the dating can go south if a 30 year old is with a 16 year old.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Post by queenzelda Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:42 pm

Ha, but age does seem to matter! More so because of the whole 30 yr old dating a teenager thing I see in some responses.

Still, for some people knowing your age seems to mean everything to them (like Dark Jester who was bugging me for my real age via pm). I have no obligation to any one anywhere to tell them my age & people who go on & on about it are the reason no one knows my true age online. You can try & guestimate my age but you'd be wrong. I'm far youngolder then anyone might think. Ohhh I created a new word! Kewl.
    Bossblitz88
    Bossblitz88
    Samus Aran
    Samus Aran

Custom Title : Tøμс★Squad !

User Points : 358

Post by Bossblitz88 Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:19 pm

It can matter in legal situations, dating, and sometimes younger ones have to look up to older people. But learning to interact with people of all ages is good.
    TheFrozenFairy
    TheFrozenFairy

Custom Title : Frigid Fairy of the Forest

User Points : 993

Post by TheFrozenFairy Tue Dec 22, 2015 2:58 am

Does age matter? Not really. When it comes to friendships and such, it shouldn't matter and you shouldn't be judged for your age. You can be at a very young age and be more profound than many people significantly older than you. I think age matters to gauge physical maturity and show how long one has been around in this world. It's great to get to know and make friends of all ages, just look at age as a simple number.

It does matter in dating and romance because of laws. When the difference is so drastic, it can seem weird but it can be acceptable as long as it's not breaking any laws.
    Yoshiman222
    Yoshiman222
    Samus Aran
    Samus Aran

User Points : 307

Post by Yoshiman222 Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:03 am

When I first looked, I thought you were talking about everything in general. Of course it would matter at times then. Razz

With your question there... honestly I'm divided.
    Relationships obviously if you're around 0-19 there's a problem if you're going out with someone extremely older than them. Really, really weird, and potentially creepy.

Friendships are completely out of that scale though - so long as both people know what friendship is (ages 0-2 can't obviously) then ANYONE can be friends. That's that.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up

User Points : 2147483647

Post by Winters Thief Zero Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:06 am

Yoshiman222 wrote:When I first looked, I thought you were talking about everything in general. Of course it would matter at times then. Razz

Relationships obviously if you're around 0-19 there's a problem if you're going out with someone extremely older than them. Really, really weird, and potentially creepy.
    While I get your reasoning here and would agree if the other person in the relationship is much older, a lot of people think someone, we'll say, aged 16 can't date someone who is 20, yet for someone who is 20 to date someone who's 24 is just fine. I mean it's still a 4 year difference, so I don't really see why people tend to separate those situations from each other.
    Marowak
    Marowak
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Custom Title : Mari
    User Points : 2927
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Legend of Metroid Emblem Bros Story X/Y

Post by Marowak Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:04 am

Frost Thief Zero wrote:
    Yoshiman222 wrote:When I first looked, I thought you were talking about everything in general. Of course it would matter at times then. Razz

While I get your reasoning here and would agree if the other person in the relationship is much older, a lot of people think someone, we'll say, aged 16 can't date someone who is 20, yet for someone who is 20 to date someone who's 24 is just fine. I mean it's still a 4 year difference, so I don't really see why people tend to separate those situations from each other.
    Next a 12 year old and 16 year old, when you both reach a point, age means even less than it does when you're kids. So when they pair a 30 year old with like a 42 year old in concept it seems weird, but at the same time it's like the same area somehow even though one was ending school when the other was just starting.
    Frost-Knight
    Frost-Knight
    Pikachu
    Pikachu

User Points : 126

Post by Frost-Knight Wed Dec 23, 2015 4:10 pm

I probably think age shouldn't matter in non-law-related matters, but I unintentionally and perhaps unwillingly judge everyone by their age. I've heard some people say that age matters a lot to people from my country, but I'm not sure how true that is (meaning I have nothing to compare with). Friendships and such I see no huge problems when it comes to age difference, but with relationships it becomes a bit more complicated. But with all the whining about "freedom" on the internet, I suppose all relationships should be okay as long as both parts are okay with it and not doing breaking any laws. For friendships, I'm not terribly good with age differences. I have friends who are ten years older than me, and it can get a bit awkward if they start talking about drinking and other stuff I'm too young to do.

This is almost the only site at the internet where I don't hide my age. Mostly because I enjoy making people guess, and because being 15-16 isn't always what you want people to know if you want people to take you seriously and respect your opinion.
    NintendoFan
    NintendoFan
    Baby Yoshi
    Baby Yoshi

User Points : 11

Post by NintendoFan Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:14 am

It depends on the whole situation(like dating, etc). But age on a forum like this doesn't really matter to me. As long as the user actually contributes and is pleasant to have around, then I don't mind.

BTW I am not returning. Just decided to drop by for no reason.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:41 am