The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
TheFrozenFairy
Frost-Knight
Bossblitz88
Marowak
Winters Thief Zero
Bowser498
10 posters

If you were able to learn a foreign language, what would you pick?

Bowser498
    Bowser498
    Pikachu
    Pikachu

Custom Title : Bowser498: Super Mario (Modern) Video Game Expert/Pro
    Internet Browser : Internet Explorer

User Points : 36
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Super Mario Maker and Splatoon!

If you were able to learn a foreign language, what would you pick? Empty If you were able to learn a foreign language, what would you pick?

Post by Bowser498 Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:35 pm

This topic is for discussion on any interesting foreign languages you (would) like to learn. For me, it would be French. I already know quite a bit of it and I believe that French is the language that helps you later in life and in my opinion, partly helps with language usage. (English) Also, I would learn it because half of my family is French, and my grandmother came from Paris.

La langue française est facile parler parce que j'ai travaillé. (J'ai étudié pendant 3 ans) Mais, les langues dans le monde est difficile de temps en temps. Tu veux savoir les langues? Les langues pourrait être amusant ou ennuyeux! Wink

lol like anybody even understood that xD

As much as I like French, I'm actually a bit curious on what you like as a foreign language... Razz
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

If you were able to learn a foreign language, what would you pick? Empty Re: If you were able to learn a foreign language, what would you pick?

Post by Winters Thief Zero Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:32 pm

I would probably learn ASL, as I feel like it'd be the most useful language. That and it's actually really fun to use. I know a bit from learning it in high school, but I never went through with it, and I'm considering picking it up again and trying to learn it on my own. (even if I probably won't become fluent in it)

I do know some Spanish although it's continually going away, I never speak it. :p
    Marowak
    Marowak
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Custom Title : Mari
    User Points : 2927
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Legend of Metroid Emblem Bros Story X/Y

If you were able to learn a foreign language, what would you pick? Empty Re: If you were able to learn a foreign language, what would you pick?

Post by Marowak Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:11 pm

I'd say Japanese, just so I could import games or books and not have to worry if they'll be translated later or not.
    Bossblitz88
    Bossblitz88
    Samus Aran
    Samus Aran

Custom Title : Tøμс★Squad !
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 358
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Post by Bossblitz88 Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:12 pm

I'm fine with English only even though my family's Asian and I'm taking Spanish. Although I could go with French, since I would like to visit Paris and Quebec one day. Learning a language takes time and dedication, sometime I'm not willing to put up through  Razz.
    Frost-Knight
    Frost-Knight
    Pikachu
    Pikachu

User Points : 126

Post by Frost-Knight Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:06 am

English would be nice.

On a more serious note, I'd love to learn icelandic. Not only because it's the closest to Old Norse, but also because it sounds so right.
    I studied french for about four years, and I don't feel like continuing the studies. I guess german or japanese could be useful to learn though. Other than icelandic, I'm happy with the languages I've got.
    TheFrozenFairy
    TheFrozenFairy

Custom Title : Frigid Fairy of the Forest
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 993

Post by TheFrozenFairy Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:46 pm

I'd pick French. I'd really like to be able to learn that language. I'd also like to learn Japanese and Italian.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Post by queenzelda Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:28 am

Bowser498 wrote:La langue française est facile parler parce que j'ai travaillé. (J'ai étudié pendant 3 ans) Mais, les langues dans le monde est difficile de temps en temps. Tu veux savoir les langues? Les langues pourrait être amusant ou ennuyeux! Wink
    Chōdo bun wa ima, inai subete no gengo wa, anata ga shitte taikutsu shite imasu. =_=;

Take Japanese for example, ah a fine language to learn indeed. ^^
    Kyng
    Kyng
    Ness
    Ness

User Points : 1295

Post by Kyng Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:18 pm

I understood Bowser's French with no problem whatsoever, even though it's been nearly a decade since I stopped studying French at school Razz . 

If I did learn a language, I'd like to learn Norwegian, if only because of my ancestry.
    IggyKoopaStar
    IggyKoopaStar
    Koopa Troopa
    Koopa Troopa

User Points : 37
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Mario Kart 8

Post by IggyKoopaStar Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:24 pm

Well as my native language is French, the foreign language I was very happy to learn was English. I think I became very fluent with it and it's always very useful to know two languages like that, mainly English. If I had the chance to learn a third one (which I already started) it would be Spanish.
    ZombieFish
    ZombieFish
    Waddle Dee
    Waddle Dee

User Points : 88
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Pokemon

Post by ZombieFish Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:41 am

I can speak a little bit of Spanish and I'm fluent in English but that's about it. If I could choose one langauge to learn it would be to fully learn Spanish, because it's used in so many places nowadays.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:57 am