The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
TheFrozenFairy
Bowser498
6 posters

[RUMOR] Splatoon Getting New Minigame, Amiibo

Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

[RUMOR] Splatoon Getting New Minigame, Amiibo Empty [RUMOR] Splatoon Getting New Minigame, Amiibo

Post by Winters Thief Zero Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:36 pm

A new rumor is going around that states that Splatoon will be getting a brand new minigame that can be played on the Gamepad or arcade machine. It's rumored that it will be unlocked by using one of 2 new unannounced Amiibo.

This goes hand in hand with that Callie and Marie Amiibo leak from Nikki, so I could certainly see this happening. I really want their Amiibo so hopefully I'd be able to play the new minigame as well! I'd prefer more new maps and weapons but obviously they're done with that. Razz

EDIT: Nintendo Life has also discovered that on Ancho-V Games, there are posters for all 4 of the minigames currently available. However, there's also a fifth poster that doesn't seem to correlate with any of them. Maybe this is the new game?
    Bowser498
    Bowser498
    Pikachu
    Pikachu

Custom Title : Bowser498: Super Mario (Modern) Video Game Expert/Pro
    Internet Browser : Internet Explorer

User Points : 36
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Super Mario Maker and Splatoon!

[RUMOR] Splatoon Getting New Minigame, Amiibo Empty Re: [RUMOR] Splatoon Getting New Minigame, Amiibo

Post by Bowser498 Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:46 pm

If it's true, I wish there was a way to get the minigame without an amiibo. :/
    TheFrozenFairy
    TheFrozenFairy

Custom Title : Frigid Fairy of the Forest

User Points : 993

[RUMOR] Splatoon Getting New Minigame, Amiibo Empty Re: [RUMOR] Splatoon Getting New Minigame, Amiibo

Post by TheFrozenFairy Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:47 pm

There was a mini-game seen in the beta footage of the game. I believe it looked like a sidescroller with Splatoon elements. Is it possible that will be brought back? With the Callie and Marie amiibo rumor, I think a new mini-game being added is likely. More are welcome.
    Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Custom Title : The Luma
    User Points : 2765

Post by Luma Party Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:07 pm

^I hope it's that one.
    That looked really interesting, it was in the Octo Valley trailer, yet it never showed up.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:11 pm

@SirFrozenFairy
    That's true, I actually had forgotten about that one. I kind of hope so, it looked pretty interesting, and more fun than any of the other minigames that actually ended up being used.

@Bowser498
    I agree. I actually feel like they should allow you to somehow unlock all of the other minigames that are Amiibo locked as well. I feel like it's a bit unfair, even if the minigames aren't really a major part of the game. Squid Jump is fine but after awhile it gets boring, and if you're joining friends you do usually have to wait a little while. (at this point with the game having sold 4 million copies there's usually plenty of people in lobbies but when you're joining friends you have to wait for their match to finish so it's nice to be able to play them while you're waiting)

@Luma Party
    There were actually a few things shown in that original single player trailer that didn't make it into the final game. I mean that was the biggest one and I'm glad it possibly has a chance at returning, but it's strange how much was removed and changed in such a short period of time.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:29 pm

The poster shown in the Nintendo Life trailer looked different then that game shown in the early trailers. I see the game being something new since there must be a reason for them taking out the hackers in recent times.
    Bossblitz88
    Bossblitz88
    Samus Aran
    Samus Aran

Custom Title : Tøμс★Squad !
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 358

Post by Bossblitz88 Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:01 am

Zero Revolution wrote:@SirFrozenFairy

@Bowser498
    I agree. I actually feel like they should allow you to somehow unlock all of the other minigames that are Amiibo locked as well. I feel like it's a bit unfair, even if the minigames aren't really a major part of the game. Squid Jump is fine but after awhile it gets boring, and if you're joining friends you do usually have to wait a little while. (at this point with the game having sold 4 million copies there's usually plenty of people in lobbies but when you're joining friends you have to wait for their match to finish so it's nice to be able to play them while you're waiting)
    Lol, I remember playing that in the tesfire, I remember originally thinking the other minigames would come with the game and being do disappointed. But like you said, they're really not important.

As for more content, I'm itching for a more challenging single player and I would buy a Marie amiibo in a heartbeat, but I'm content on how the game is now.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Sun May 15, 2016 11:10 pm

Does anything still think the Minigame is coming? I feel like they might lock it behind the recolors so that people buy them.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Mon May 16, 2016 12:05 am

^ Yeah that's what I'm thinking. I feel like otherwise they're pretty pointless, if they have at least one new addition to the game it would give people more incentive to buy them. (but at the same time it would be pretty aggravating for those of us who really don't have the money to be buying Amiibo, especially recolors of ones that already exist)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 4:14 am