The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Sheldon's Picks

Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Sheldon's Picks Empty Sheldon's Picks

Post by Winters Thief Zero Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:40 pm

I thought I'd make a thread for Sheldon's Picks since we didn't have one already.

It was previously confirmed that the first volume of Sheldon's Picks would release in April. When do you guys think they'll be available?

I'm guessing within the next week or two. I think they'll be available fairly early on in April, I can't see them releasing too far off. It's possible we'll even get the second volume this month as well.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Sheldon's Picks Empty Re: Sheldon's Picks

Post by Gameguy1996 Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:45 am

I think the 1st set of them will drop on April 13th since it seems like the Splatoon update day. As for the 2nd set I'm thinking mid may.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Post by queenzelda Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:41 pm

Sheldon's Picks Frases-de-sheldon-cooper-ator-frase8
    Sheldon Cooper picking Splatoon like things? OMG, I never knew! I can only imagine the hilarity in which his monotone like voice picks random pics taken in game or even which outfit looks the best at random while playing in game.

Also, sorry I just couldn't resist this joke. :p
    TheFrozenFairy
    TheFrozenFairy

Custom Title : Frigid Fairy of the Forest

User Points : 993

Post by TheFrozenFairy Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:04 pm

That's funny.

I thought Volume 1 of Sheldon's Picks would be released early this month but it's hard to say when it'll be released. It seems like late April now to me. I don't think they said the month Volume 2 is going to be released. My guess is late May for Volume 2. It would make sense for them to take the time to playtest and balance them.

It's great to see more weapons though I'm not too interested in the currently known ones. We do have the unknown colorful slosher that I'd like to know more about. The themes for these weapons are really interesting. I'd love to see another Splatling or Octobrush variant. There's also been many Sheldon's Picks leaks.

Others have pointed out that what looks like an Inkbrush handle can be seen on the promotional box.

Sheldon's Picks 800px-Sheldon%27s_Picks_promo

I prefer Octobrushes a lot more over Inkbrushes but I'd definitely give that new one a try.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:13 pm

Sheldon's picks will be released on April 12th.

[Public Squid Announcement!] The Ver. 2.7.0 Update will be released on the evening of April 12th. Hey, that’s next week! As usual, check out here for the full deets of what’s included.
    In preparation for this update, the Splatoon server will be under maintenance from 4:50 PM PT – 6:00 PM PT on April 12, and during this time, Splatoon’s online services will be unavailable.
    Also coming the evening of April 12 at 7 PM PT are eight weapons, known as Sheldon’s Picks Vol. 1. Let’s take a sneak peek at a few of ‘em before they become available in Ammo Knights!
    First up is the Wasabi Splattershot. This beauty is a Splattershot set featuring a few key adjustments by Sheldon. The main weapon is pretty much the same as before, but Splat Bombs amp up its frontline capability. Alternatively, try calling in an Inkstrike to scatter the opposition and give your teammates the advantage. This is just the set for the discerning Inkling looking for something spicy!
    Behold the Berry Splattershot Pro! Don’t let the tasty paint job fool ya! This remixed Splattershot Pro includes Suction Bombs and Bomb Rush to help punch through the opponent’s defenses, letting you finish things off with the great firing range of the main.
    The new and improved Fresh Squiffer is a Classic Squiffer retooled to allow a different approach. Pairing Suction Bombs with the Squiffer makes it even easier to get the upper hand in battle, and you can quickly turn the tables on foes with the Kraken! Definitely not a set for squids who are afraid to get their tentacles dirty!
    The Permanent Inkbrush is a set remixed by Sheldon to include the high-powered sub of Splat Bombs while retaining the great mobility of earlier models. Recommended for aggressive Inklings with an uncontrollable urge to wreak maximum havoc. Watch out for the Kraken special!

Source

I guess this is nice for everyone who is still looking to mix things up every now and again.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:52 pm

The Permanent Inkbrush is a strange name. I'm excited to try them out! Even if I feel like the color swaps are more interesting than the single weapon change for each set. :p
    ZombieFish
    ZombieFish
    Waddle Dee
    Waddle Dee

Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 88
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Pokemon

Post by ZombieFish Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:02 pm

I'm not interested. All they are are just even less changed versions of the deco/custom/etc weapons that we've gotten already so it isn't like it's that new. I still can't wait to try them because of the crazy colors but other than that I don't care.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sun Apr 10, 2016 3:57 am

^ I agree somewhat, but I feel like they've already released so many weapons, and adding a few more that are just barely altered is good enough when everything is pretty much done.
    TheFrozenFairy
    TheFrozenFairy

Post by TheFrozenFairy Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:36 pm

I think that these additional weapons will change things quite a bit actually. The subs and specials of a weapon alter how it can play. Whether it can play more offensively or defensively. While the known combinations for these ones aren't exactly unique, I think the sub and special combos on these ones will make them shine.

Permanent Inkbrush sounds really interesting. I'm definitely giving that one a try. I still prefer the Ocotbrush Nouveau which shares Splat bombs as the Inkzooka allows it to deal with chargers better and I love the Ocotbrush in general more. Splat bombs will definitely make the Inkbrush more fearsome on the battlefield though.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:07 am

The update is now live and it takes up 764MB of space.

I have only played with 3 of the different weapons so fair. Out of the 3 weapons the Wasabi Splattershot is my favorite weapon to use.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:53 pm

I tried out the Soda Slosher, Wasabi Splattershot, and the new Mini Splatling. I actually really like all the new combos, it adds for some interesting changes. They're actually more different than I expected even though only one sub or special is changed.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Sat May 28, 2016 4:08 am

The 2nd wave of Sheldon's Picks will be released on June 8th.

Finally a new Aerospray and a new version of the N Sap.
    TheFrozenFairy
    TheFrozenFairy

Post by TheFrozenFairy Sat May 28, 2016 4:57 am

A new Heavy Splatling, sweet! I am definitely going to give that new Heavy Splatling a try when it comes out. It has a pretty cool recolor, the green and purple go together well. The colors for the other weapons are interesting too.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sat May 28, 2016 8:43 am

Nice! I have to say that right away the colors don't look anywhere near as nice and vibrant as the first wave, but I'm not going to be disappointed until we find out what the sub/special weapons are. I am excited to use the new Carbon Roller and Heavy Splatling for sure.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 1:35 pm