The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Did you think NSMB2 was too similar to the other games?

Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Did you think NSMB2 was too similar to the other games? Empty Did you think NSMB2 was too similar to the other games?

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:13 pm

All in the title. Razz

NSMB2 was way too similar to the original and Wii, besides the fact that you had more of an incentive to collect coins. I still think it's fun, and even the best in the series despite this. Though they should really try adding things that are actually new next time, since it's basically an expansion pack to the previous games.
    Kinopio
    Kinopio
    Fox McCloud
    Fox McCloud

Custom Title : "Time for adventure!~"
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 680
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Super Mario Bros. 2 (USA)

Did you think NSMB2 was too similar to the other games? Empty Re: Did you think NSMB2 was too similar to the other games?

Post by Kinopio Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:00 pm

I personally dislike NSMB2 because it really wasn't much of an original game. It was basically NSMB DS + NSMB Wii music + a few level designs. Tbh, it seemed like the modern version of SMB: LL. The coin collecting mission didn't really catch my attention either.

I really hope Nintendo does something new and creative with the Mario series in the near future. All we have been getting are NSMB rehashes, and tbh I think the Mario series deserves more than that. :/

They're fun, I won't deny it (I even think NSMB Wii is one of the better Mario games in the series); however, I think it's time we all can take a break from the series.
    Mona
    Mona
    Deku
    Deku

User Points : 133
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Warioware: DIY

Did you think NSMB2 was too similar to the other games? Empty Re: Did you think NSMB2 was too similar to the other games?

Post by Mona Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:03 pm

Hmm...well in my opinion, it really wasn't too similar. Sure, there were parts that were just like other games in the series, but all in all, I thought the coin gimmick made it different enough for me to say that.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 11:31 pm