The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

2.8 Update

Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

2.8 Update Empty 2.8 Update

Post by Winters Thief Zero Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:13 am

The 2.8 update for Splatoon launches on June 7th! Along with the already known release of the vol. 2 Sheldon's Picks weapons, it will also be adding/changing the following:

New weapons and gear
    -Nine new weapons added, available in the weapon shop Ammo Knights
    —Please note: the new weapons and gear will appear in the shop following the release of the software update.
    -Two new kinds of gear added, available in the shop

Weapon and ability adjustments
    –Luna Blaster-△Special gauge reduction changed from medium (60%) to low (40%)
    –Zink Mini Splatling-▼Special gauge reduction changed from medium (60%) to high (75%)
    –Refurbished Mini Splatling-△Special gauge reduction changed from medium (60%) to low (40%)

Main weapon balance changes
    –Aerospray MG/Aerospray RG-△Spread reduced when player is jumping so it is the same as when player is not jumping.
    –Rapid Blaster/Rapid Blaster Deco-△Movement speed while firing increased by about 12%
    –Rapid Blaster Pro/Rapid Blaster Pro Deco-△Movement speed while firing increased by about 15%
    /△Spread when player is jumping reduced by about 50%
    –L-3 Nozzlenose/L-3 Nozzlenose D-△Damage to the Rainmaker shield increased by about 20%
    –H-3 Nozzlenose/H-3 Nozzlenose D-△Damage to the Rainmaker shield increased by about 40%
    –Sloshing Machine/Sloshing Machine Neo-△Movement speed while firing increased by about 11%
    –Inkbrush/Inkbrush Nouveau/Permanent Inkbrush/Octobrush/Octobrush Nouveau-△When repeatedly using swinging attacks, ink will also be painted where you are standing.

Sub weapon balance changes
    –Ink Mine-△Reduced the distance the player is moved backwards when placing an Ink Mine

Ability balance changes
    –Stealth Jump-▼When doing a Super Jump with this ability equipped, you can’t perform any attacks until you have completely landed.

Stage adjustments
    -Arowana Mall: Adjustments to prevent players from taking certain shortcuts in all modes.
    -Bluefin Depot: Fixed a problem where players could go inside a certain object in Rainmaker mode.
    -Camp Triggerfish: Adjustment for detecting when you have brought the Rainmaker too far back towards your own starting area
    -Piranha Pit: Adjustments to prevent players from taking certain shortcuts in all modes.

Fixes for issues in battles
    -Fixes an issue where players could jump higher than usual by touching an opponent’s Splash Wall

Other changes
    -Introduces several enhancements to improve the user’s experience and enjoyment

Additional information
    -This update is required in order to play online.
    -Downloading updates will not affect any of your saved data.

The most exciting thing is 2 new types of gear. What is that supposed to mean?! Could we finally be getting pants?
    TheFrozenFairy
    TheFrozenFairy

Custom Title : Frigid Fairy of the Forest
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 993

2.8 Update Empty Re: 2.8 Update

Post by TheFrozenFairy Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:53 pm

Oh sweet, the brushes will now be able to ink the ground at your feet while swinging. A little something to to give my precious little Octobrushes slightly better inking potential. The changes for other weapons sounds nice too. I never knew those stage bugs existed.

The new gear intrigues me, I wonder what they are.

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 8:07 am