The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

New Mario game coming within the next 2 years

Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

New Mario game coming within the next 2 years  Empty New Mario game coming within the next 2 years

Post by Gameguy1996 Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:29 pm

Miyamoto has reveled that a new kind of Mario game is coming within 2 years in a interview with IGN.

IGN wrote:"We're always challenging ourselves to create something new, so hopefully you'll see a new kind of Mario in about a year or two," Shigeru Miyamoto said in an interview with IGN.
    "Maybe next E3 we'll be able to share something."Miyamoto explained that the challenges Nintendo faces in tweaking the Mario formula are unique from those dealt with in producing Breath of the Wild because of how wide an audience Mario games reach.
    "It's kind of difficult with Mario because some of the more important conventions of Mario are based on the approachability and accessibility of those games," Miyamoto said, noting that having new people join Nintendo has allowed them to look "at the conventions with fresh eyes."

Source

So I'm guessing he's talking about the next 3D Mario? Could this mean a more open world 3D game or making the 2D Mario games feel new again?
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

New Mario game coming within the next 2 years  Empty Re: New Mario game coming within the next 2 years

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:39 pm

Damn I was kinda hoping for a Mario game at NX launch, so that's a bit disappointing, but I'm still excited to see what the future holds! Mario is definitely one of my favorite game franchises so even if it's not a 3D one (or like a 3D World type game) I'll still be excited. Of course a new 3D game would be the most so.

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 3:12 am