The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

[RUMOR] Star Fox Warriors Was Pitched to Nintendo and Denied

Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

[RUMOR] Star Fox Warriors Was Pitched to Nintendo and Denied Empty [RUMOR] Star Fox Warriors Was Pitched to Nintendo and Denied

Post by Winters Thief Zero Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:31 pm

Rumor has it that Koei-Tecmo actually recently pitched a Star Fox themed Warriors game for a Nintendo console. (likely Switch) The idea was turned down.

- Koei Tecmo wanted to work on a Star Fox-themed Warriors title
    - there would have been a focus on melee combat
    - some space combat would have been included as well
    - no motion controls
    - missions would have alternated between ground combat and a simplified space combat system
    - it was going to be "visually over the top”
    - Nintendo turned down the idea “due to questions regarding the future of the brand”
    - no specific platform was mentioned
    - Koei Tecmo still wants to work on another Warriors game with Nintendo, and Nintendo is interested as well

I would've LOVED this! I think Star Fox works perfectly with this type of game, I think it could've been really enjoyable, I'm actually pretty disappointed if this is true. Definitely wasted potential there.
    TheFrozenFairy
    TheFrozenFairy

Custom Title : Frigid Fairy of the Forest

User Points : 993

[RUMOR] Star Fox Warriors Was Pitched to Nintendo and Denied Empty Re: [RUMOR] Star Fox Warriors Was Pitched to Nintendo and Denied

Post by TheFrozenFairy Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:50 pm

The "no motion controls" part is what makes me really believe it. Miyamoto must have heard that in Koei's pitch and said "Get out!". But seriously, motion controls would be awful in a Warriors game. A Star Fox Warriors game would've been cool, too bad it may have been turned down. Hearing Andrew possibly saying his classic "Uncle Andross!" would've been great.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

[RUMOR] Star Fox Warriors Was Pitched to Nintendo and Denied Empty Re: [RUMOR] Star Fox Warriors Was Pitched to Nintendo and Denied

Post by Gameguy1996 Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:33 pm

I feel like other issues would have been the lack of characters and poor sales would likely be a factor. If anything make a Mario Warriors that mixes in elements that we have seen over the years.
    TheFrozenFairy
    TheFrozenFairy

Custom Title : Frigid Fairy of the Forest

User Points : 993

Post by TheFrozenFairy Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:38 pm

Since Fire Emblem Warriors was confirmed recently, I think that makes this rumor more believable, wouldn't it? I doubt we'll ever get a confirmation on this officially but it definitely makes sense that they went with Fire Emblem after the Star Fox pitch was turned down.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:23 pm

^ I definitely think so! And honestly so many of the rumors about Switch came true that it makes it even more difficult not to believe this considering it's a much more reasonable one than any of those were. I do think Fire Emblem Warriors will be fantastic but it would have been cool to see where they went with the Star Fox series too.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:33 pm

I highly doubt it got that fair at all due to lack of characters and they likely had no idea how to bring the gameplay into a Warriors game outside of the ground missions.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 11:33 am